Mayweather/Ortiz

StoneHandsStoneHands 341 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
Many people are calling this a tune-up fight for Mayweather for Pacquiao (Ortiz being an agressive southpaw), but to me Ortiz is just as/if not more dangerous for PBF. Solid fundamentals/crazy power/good defence.
I still pick Floyd, possibly the GOAT, to win a UD or a KO with a bodyshot (just a feeling i have for some reason)

Anyone watching? The undercard is STACKED. Canelo, Morales, Matthysse etc..

Comments

• floyd is not knocking out the young buck but he should pull a boring decision IMO. Ortiz is good but he takes too many punches. His youth and stamina will be a problem but floyd has never gassed and never shown an inability to dodge big punches.

Also, i doubt he fights Pac Man.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    You can never be considered the GOAT if you don't take on the top competition.

Mayweather in 8

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    It is really too bad that the Mayweather / Pacquiao fight will never happen.

• Rockadelic said:

Mayweather in 8

Corrales/Castillo/Hatton/DLH/Judah dont count?

Ortiz is a top tier dude, cant say this is an easy pick for Floyd...

StoneHands said:
    Rockadelic said:

Mayweather in 8

Without fighting Pac-Man he will never earn the GOAT title......not even the Greatest Of HIS Time title.

• Rockadelic said:
    StoneHands said:
    Rockadelic said:

Mayweather in 8

Without fighting Pac-Man he will never earn the GOAT title......not even the Greatest Of HIS Time title.

Do you honestly think he's ducking him?

StoneHands said:
    Rockadelic said:
    StoneHands said:
    Rockadelic said:

Mayweather in 8

Do you honestly think he's ducking him?

I never said he was.....not sure why they can't make it happen.....but it needs to happen if there is gonna be GOAT talk.

• :nagl: :hated_it: :talib:

• Yeah, not the best example of sportsmanship, but neither was the headbutt. But, all that aside-completely legal. Ortiz shouldve known better. Simple as that. There was even a pause between the hook and the cross - plenty of time to get your hands up instead of looking at the ref for help. Lets not forget this was a dominating performance - another proof that he is THE fighter of our generation. At least my generation.

• I bet you enjoyed watch the throne too...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

So Last Century

Squash, Rollerblading, Shuffleboard, Badminton,Paddleball.......... Boxing

• RecordBeast said:
    I bet you enjoyed watch the throne too...

:racist:

Bizarre night. The headbutt, the kiss, the cheapshot(s), Ortiz sitting on the matt knocked out and smiling, then Mayweather telling Merchant he "doesn't know shit about boxing" and that HBO should fire him -- whew! Felt very WWE, if not for the decent fights leading up to the main event.

This dude Cano was looking straight raw by the end of the match...

• Mayweather is classless, and yes I think he's ducking Manny.

How you gonna step to Larry Merchant like that?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    Mayweather is classless, and yes I think he's ducking Manny.

Hey,

I say turnabout is fair play. Let's not forget that Victor(ia) Ortiz LAUNCHED HIS HEAD into Mayweather's face. That's as flagrant a foul in boxing as possible, so getting knocked the fuck out is what Ortiz deserved. It was inevitable, anyway, the way he was getting his ass whopped to that point in the bout! Mayweather's quick counterpunching already had that soft-serve chump in the shell, with his punch counts dwindling by the round.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• GenePontecorvo said:
    Mayweather is classless, and yes I think he's ducking Manny.

It didn't make Mayweather look good at all.

In my opinion, Merchant is far from the greatest analyst.
    He is generally biased towards either one of the fighters he is discussing.
    Never has anything good to say about English fighters - even if they have won convincingly.

• 0:48 onwards - couldnt have articulated it better.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    (1) Totally Ortiz's fault. He was pseudo headbutting repeatedly throughout the first 4 rounds and then blatantly headbutted the absolute shit out of Mayweather (and to think his camp was worried about Floyd's elbow? GTFOHWTBS). And then he kept apologizing over and over and over...look, the fight doesn't resume once you feel good about your dirty ass...put your hands up, boy. And fuck that kiss, that was super bitch made.

(2) I will say that Joe Cortez had a weird way about resuming this fight. After the initial separation and point deduction, he brought the fighters back together and said 'let's go' then removed his hands from between them only to look away and ask the floor if they are 'ready?'....that was a truly mixed signal but no excuse for Ortiz to try and apologize for the 4th fucking time. It's weird that we haven't seen much criticism at all about Cortez's ref'ing b/c this isn't the first time dude has been involved in some ref controversy.

(3) Mayweather was looking silly for beefing with Merchant, but Merchant has had it out for Floyd for like 6+ years at this point. And as far as the 'respect your elders' goes...Floyd doesn't even respect his own Father so...he definitely isn't going to give a shit about a hating ass Merchant.

Now, let's see Pac-Man walk through Marquez and then let's see THE fight....please, goddammit.

tl;dr: Ortiz is a dumb ass...and it's all his fault.

• ^Yeah I mean Mayweather called his dad a faggot and told him he ain't shit on national tv.

Ortiz really blew it with that headbutt. It totally negated anything Mayweather could have done because it was so stupid. He lost all good will anyone would have had towards him.