A simple comp question....

phono13phono13 842 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I have a new laptop (PC) that I use all the time, but I need to get a resume file off an older desktop. They are both Windows systems. Rather than hooking up the monitor, keyboard, etc., can I simply plug the monitor cable into my laptop and retrieve the file that way?

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    short answer, no.

long answer, i'll need a lot more info that than to really help you. are both the laptop and desktop on a network?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    short answer, no.

long answer, i'll need a lot more info that than to really help you. are both the laptop and desktop on a network?

Not really. They have a shared files folder that I somehow managed to hook-up. What else do you need to know?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    If both machines aren't on the same network then "sneaker net" is your best option. Copy the file to a floppy or burn it to a CD, eject the disk, and walk it over to your laptop with the disk. Easy enough.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Thanks BB. The desktop is in a box with all the peripherals, so I'll hook'er up and configure a "sneaker net."