Off The Wall vs Thriller Version 2.0

DanteDante 371 Posts
edited September 2011 in Strut Central
Sounds... And Stuff Like That

vs

The Dude

I'm in the OTW side, but I'm afraid I have to go for The Dude on this one.

Discuss.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

No contest.

• a harder one would be:

"walking in space" v. "gula matari"

i think "walking" is superior

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    a harder one would be:

"walking in space" v. "gula matari"

i think "walking" is superior

yeah, did this with the other two since they're OTW and Thriller contemporaries and feature a much similar (not the same, of course) sound.

Two albums back to back.

One is really great and the next one changes the whole game.

I dont think these Quincy albums fit like that.

Control vs. Rhythm Nation.....

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    The Dude.

batmon said:
    Two album back to back.

I dont think these Quincy album fit like that.

Control vs. Rhythm Nation

Tough call.

There's really only one duff tune on Control, but Rhythm Nation's sheer scale and ambition was always enough to overshadow its shortcomings, I thought. I think I played Control a lot more when it came out than I did Rhythm Nation.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Control Vs Rhythm Nation is a real head scratcher. God knows how many years it's been since I sat and listened to either in their entirety. The best tracks on Rhythm Nation are probably my favourite Jackson songs but I think I'd have to give it to Control just for how tight and unskippable it is as an album. Out of interest Doc, what do you think is the duff tune on Control?

Junior said:
    Control Vs Rhythm Nation is a real head scratcher. God knows how many years it's been since I sat and listened to either in their entirety. The best tracks on Rhythm Nation are probably my favourite Jackson songs but I think I'd have to give it to Control just for how tight and unskippable it is as an album. Out of interest Doc, what do you think is the duff tune on Control?

He Doesn't Even Know I'm Alive. It's nice enough, but a bit fluffy compared to the waves of weapons-grade 'tude emitted by every other track on the album.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Junior said:

He Doesn't Even Know I'm Alive. It's nice enough, but a bit fluffy compared to the waves of weapons-grade 'tude emitted by every other track on the album.

Ah yes, had forgotten about that one. Yeah, that type of song is even done better elsewhere on the album itself so no arguments here.

i prefer Control but i can understand RNs appeal.the hits were huge.

I really hated her Public Enemy appropriation for the look and conscious content.

Control seems more honest to me.

I like He Doesnt Even Know That Im Alive. the Bassline stands out from the rest of the album.

DocMcCoy said:
    batmon said:
    Two album back to back.

I dont think these Quincy album fit like that.

Control vs. Rhythm Nation

Tough call.

There's really only one duff tune on Control, but Rhythm Nation's sheer scale and ambition was always enough to overshadow its shortcomings, I thought. I think I played Control a lot more when it came out than I did Rhythm Nation.

cosign