babs

blakatomblakatom 95 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
Anyone pick the streisand album that is always advertised to the right? that is what I thought

Comments

• [confessions] i once grabbed a babs album from a free box because it had a version of "grandma's hands" (a song i collected for some reason) which turned out to be so awful. the fact that it even was in my house makes me a bit ashamed.[confessions]

• This is the one to cop:

Hard Psych Prog Moves (cover only)

• TheKindCromang said:
    This is the one to cop:

Hard Psych Prog Moves (cover only)

sayin' though.... that gatefold is en fuego.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    My Dad got Neil Diamond's You Don't Bring Me Flowers (amongst other LPs) from university friends as a Welcome to Montreal/Canada/North America! gift so that song will always have a special place in my heart.

I won't lie, I like this

(I don't get the MMonroe images)

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Actually, the only tolerable one is this:

"an album drawn from Streisand's fifth and last network TV special, has the dubious distinction of being the worst-selling Barbra Streisand record in the Columbia Records catalog. The idea of the special was to have Streisand sing many of her best-known songs and other pop standards over musical accompaniment from a variety of national origins, most of them tied into the Gershwin song "I Got Rhythm." "People," for example, was sung over a Turkish-Armenian backing as a medley with "I Got Rhythm," "Don't Rain on My Parade" was played on American Indian instruments, etc. While the result was eclectic by definition, it was more gimmicky than inventive, especially when "The World Is a Concerto" was set against the sounds of household appliances!"

• Horseleech said:
    Actually, the only tolerable one is this:

a few tracks are arranged by william s. fischer but i could not hang with it at all..

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    blakatom said:
    Anyone pick the streisand album that is always advertised to the right? that is what I thought

I have never seen a Streisand ad on here.