Turkish records available

ddownddown 65 Posts
edited August 2011 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
I'm currently living in Turkey and I've come across several good record stores. I've already gotten a fill of all the Anadolu/Anatolian rock/psych records I'll ever need. If anyone is looking for any Turkish records, let me know and I'll pick them up for you.

And what's with all the recent Turkish psych compilations? It's cool and I'm not complaining, but why so many so suddenly?

Hit me up.

Comments

• ddownddown 65 Posts
    Okay. I've already gotten more PMs than I thought I would. I might end up regretting making the offer....

Just to let you know, I don't have a hoard of inventory that I'm selling. I'm not really "selling" anything. I already have what I want but I left a lot of good records behind so I'm basically offering to go back to pick them up for you.

To make things easier for all of us, I'd like to make a few notes:

- I'm happy to help out fellow Strutters.
    - I'm not a dealer. I'm not trying to make a ton of money off this. If this were a business venture for me, I'd use eBay.
    - However, I need to be able to at least cover my costs and make this worth my time. Since I already have a full-time job, that means I'll have to go on my precious weekends to dig for other people. Again, I don't mind too much.
    - So please make this easier for me by giving me your want lists. Tell me how condition-sensitive you are, whether you want me to look for picture sleeves, what price range you're looking at, etc. The more info the better. (It's up to you, but maybe you can make a list of what you're looking for, with the minimum condition and price you're willing to pay next to each record.)
    - Tell me where you are.

Here's some good news (at least for people in the U.S.) - I can ship to you using U.S. rates (but not media mail). That should save you some money on postage.

Regarding the records:

- Turkish records are hard to find in NM/M condition. My main dealer does have stuff in good condition, but they cost more. Still most are in VG/VG+ condition. I've generally been happy with my purchases.
    - Picture sleeves are hard to find, especially in good condition.
    - Many of the singles that were included in the recent comps (Turkish Freakout, Istanbul 70 series, etc.) are available.
    - Baris Manco, Ersen, Erken Koray, Cem Karaca, Uc Hurel, etc. are all available. I've noticed that Manco, Koray, and Karaca are more expensive.
    - LPs are very expensive! I haven't been able to afford a single one. Anything good is immediately at least $100-200, which is out of my league.

I guess I would be willing to trade for these records, too, but my want list is really random and specific so I don't think it will be useful to anyone.

Again, I'm happy to offer this service to people. But let's all be cool. The first guy that asks me to pick stuff up for him and then changes his mind after I buy the records ends the whole thing.

I'll prioritize based on the order people contact me (so the people who have already sent me PMs/replies get first dibs).

I hope this all makes sense. Let's see how this works!

• ddownddown 65 Posts
    Quick update:

Actually, I CAN use media mail (at least until late September). That's good.

I won't be able to go digging until next week since this whole week is a Turkish holiday.

Everyone, please remember to tell me what you're willing to pay and the minimum condition you want. I do not want to pay out of pocket and then be stuck with unsold inventory.

Thanks.

• any reasonably priced, beat up a bit but playable 45s?

• I think it's a nice offer but I have a feeling you're going to regret this.

Dress