WANTED mellow madness band - boogie with the m

Thomas1981Thomas1981 16 Posts
edited August 2011 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Indeed quite desperately searching for this beautiful disco soul track.
I don't have a lot of stuff to trade, nothing as rare as what i'm looking for actually.
I've got a lot of 70's disco, funk & soul, lot of disco rap too.

If you're in business to trade or sell a copy in ex. condition, let me know.

Comments

• Thomas1981 said:
    Indeed quite desperately searching for this beautiful disco soul track.
    I don't have a lot of stuff to trade, nothing as rare as what i'm looking for actually.
    I've got a lot of 70's disco, funk & soul, lot of disco rap too.

If you're in business to trade or sell a copy in ex. condition, let me know.

are you looking for the one on Mega label? If so be prepared to shell out thousands, i think the only one I ever saw on ebay closed at over $4K

• Wow, 4 to 5 K, that is kinda steep.
    Didn't know it was that kind of rarity.
    Thanks for the heads up,
    I think I'll quietly wait for a reissue then...

• I'm after this one too. It's not on the Mega label. The one on Mega that is 4K is "Save The Youth". One of the best disco/modern soul tracks ever made in my opinion. Reissued by Kay-Dee records on 12" and 7" and just recently an LP with unreleased tracks.

Not 100% sure if it's the same band?

"Boogie With The M" is ultra rare too. Released and recorded in Germany by members of the US Navy or something like that. If I remember correctly the were from Carolina too. Red label. Saw it many many years ago on eBay for $100 and something. Haven't seen it since...

There is also a Carolina release by "Mel-O-Madnezz". Maybe it's the same group too? Haven't looked it up really.

peace,

H.

• Well, it's that boogie with the m that I'm looking for, not the stuff that got reissued on Kay Dee rec.
    I was kind of confused about the relation of that to what I'm looking for. Thanks for clearing some stuff up.

Anywizzle, for those who want to hear what we're talking about, you can find the track in question on youtube, and there's an edit out there on soundcloud.
    I've never seen it or have it mentioned otherwise.

Wax poetics put out a documentary about east of underground, an army band that formed while stationed in Germany.
    But that's unrelated or is it?

Keep the groove going y'all,

T

• Records to trade:

Radiance The Micstro/This is a Party on Ware (12 inch)

Family of Eve Having it so bad for you/ I don't want to pay on Full Sail (yellow coloured 45)

• According to Jason Perlmutter the Mel-O-Madnezz isn't the same group as the Mellow Madness on Mega. Where can I get the LP with the unreleased tracks?

pookeyblow said:
    I'm after this one too. It's not on the Mega label. The one on Mega that is 4K is "Save The Youth". One of the best disco/modern soul tracks ever made in my opinion. Reissued by Kay-Dee records on 12" and 7" and just recently an LP with unreleased tracks.

Not 100% sure if it's the same band?

"Boogie With The M" is ultra rare too. Released and recorded in Germany by members of the US Navy or something like that. If I remember correctly the were from Carolina too. Red label. Saw it many many years ago on eBay for $100 and something. Haven't seen it since...

There is also a Carolina release by "Mel-O-Madnezz". Maybe it's the same group too? Haven't looked it up really.

peace,

H.

• docfish said:
    Where can I get the LP with the unreleased tracks?

Here:
    http://kaydeerecords.bigcartel.com/product/kd024-mellow-madness

Listen:
    Mellow Madness - Mellow Madness by Kenny Dope

• Thomas1981 said:
    Records to trade:

Radiance The Micstro/This is a Party on Ware (12 inch)

Family of Eve Having it so bad for you/ I don't want to pay on Full Sail (yellow coloured 45)

I really think you have to step up your trades if you want this record. If it pops up it's gonna go for lots of money. Trust me. I've been after it for years.