DAVID CHESWORTH / ESSENDON AIRPORT - INTERVIEW

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
http://weirdgear.wordpress.com/2011/08/19/david-chesworth-essendon-airport-interview/

Have a read, you most likely will not be familiar with their work, but you should be....

B

Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This sounds pretty fascinating. I can't listen to the clip at the moment, but I'm surprised I've never heard of them at all, considering how John Peel used to play a fair bit of Aussie music from that period on his show. From the interview, they sound as if they'd have been right up his street as well.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    This sounds pretty fascinating. I can't listen to the clip at the moment, but I'm surprised I've never heard of them at all, considering how John Peel used to play a fair bit of Aussie music from that period on his show. From the interview, they sound as if they'd have been right up his street as well.

Let me know what you think man, seeing you're the only one who chimed in... seems pointless these days interviewing artists and not having anyone give a fuck... transcribing and getting this thing together was a mammoth task and --- CHIRP....

I guess if Madgay remixed it and Gasfuck Wanker scratched on it, maybe people would listen.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I meant to listen to that track when I got home from work the evening after posting my reply but I forgot, so this is quite a handy bump.

This is really good. If I'd heard this at the time it came out, I'd have been bang into it. I will definitely investigate further.