The Help

2»

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    My favorite part of the help was when the maid puts the vacuum in the fish tank and the fish are all like "whoooooaaah!!!!" and the maid spins around and says "Gimme a break!!!"

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    batmon said:
    Driving miss daisy is an entertaining film, but dont front on the insidious undertones.
    Or admit that u havent developed an adequate filtering system when peepin this stuff.

"i liked it overall, but there was some bullshit up in that piece."

Never saw it and don't plan to. I filter, but I keep things in perspective when doing so, especially when dealing with Hollywood movies, where minorities NEVER (and may never) truly "win." You guys can keep waiting for that day. Meanwhile I'll enjoy what I feel like enjoying as long as I feel the balance is in line with my tastes, morals, ethics, etc.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    "Wha' ha' happened was........."

"See i got standards right, and then i kinda forgot 'bout that right there and then i said fuck it afterward, 'cause like u know shit is fucked up anyways and shit, know what im sayin."

"Yeah shit is racist, but rap music is too and I listen to that all the time."

"Sheeeit, why get mad, niggas still gonna party and bullshit..."

"I went to school with a black guy, cmon!"

"Tarentino does it and yall dont say shit!"

"I loved Crash."

"Minorities NEVER win but TWO TICKETS PLEEZ!"

I'm confused. Are those movie quotes?

George Benson with the Nose Job VS. Benson the TV show?

Benson as Rafiki for the win.

With Whoopi and Cheech as the lowly hyenas for extra points.

But oh no, James Earl Jones was the king of 'em all! Fuuuuuuuuck. I forfeit.

Lurch from The Adams Family vs Tony Danza on Who's The Boss?

Hattie McDaniels (Gone With The Wind) VS. Marry Poppins?

I'ma go with Florence and Bagger Vance.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Are you guys talking Blatino? 'Cause I have no idea what's going on any more in this thread.

b/w

It's not racist???I'm almost married.

DB_Cooper said:
    Are you guys talking Blatino? 'Cause I have no idea what's going on any more in this thread.

Me neither. Though Batmon's rhetorical comparison questions usually signal thread demise anyways.