DJ Muro Interview

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
http://www.spinetv.net/video/dj-muro

Check out my boy Muro's crib... this is crazy, such a humble guy with so much talent, I love this dude and his whole approach??? this interview is great.

Comments

• damn, dudes voice is smoothe. i didnt know he used to rap. hes got the obi catalogs locked up!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    sayin'... he used to rap in a group called Microphone Pager, as well as many solo joints and collabs... quite a lot of material...

check this:

also, his new store DIGOT is simply stunning... and what you see on the clip ain't nuttin' his record collection ain't fuckwitable, some SERIOUS stuff, and last time I saw it was in 2005 or sumptin'... one of the nicest dudes out in Japan. MAD cool.

peace.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    wow really great interview
    humble as fuck

pcmr said:
    humble as fuck

All that shit talking people were doing about him claiming to be the "King Of Diggin'" got it ALL WRONG.

That's his CREW. Not what he claims to be... I played him some record in his store from Australia a few weeks ago, and he was dancing around with joy... mad music lover, can't say much more good stuff about him, but if you're in Japan go meet the man for yourself and get some treats from his store... DIGOT. It's in between Shibuya and Harajuku... nice selection of picture sleeve Japanese 45s and high end records, toys, paraphernalia...

Pics of the store here (toward the bottom of the gallery):
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.191008394288665.49087.168656496523855&type=1

B

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    pcmr said:
    humble as fuck

Cosine. And thanks for posting it.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    any one know where you can order that book "45RPM Cover Museum" in the US or Canada?

I can help ya'll out... maybe if anyone else wants one, post up here and I'll arrange a group order for you guys...

B

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Inspiring interview, good to see Muro isn't giving up the good fight when it comes to parties. That video with Lord Finnesse is tuff too, thanks for posting this.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Yeah great vid. Seems like a really nice guy.
    But I want MORE OBI PRON!

mattB said:
    Yeah great vid. Seems like a really nice guy.
    But I want MORE OBI PRON!

SOUL NOW OBI'S!!! But real heads know it's all about the "ROCK AGE" Obi's... did you ever get Satori with one Matt?

b

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Nah. Too godamn raer. And it's not even first press. Im over trying to get one. ::sad::

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    any one know where you can order that book "45RPM Cover Museum" in the US or Canada?

That book looks awesome indeed. Great interview!

• dj_cityboy said:

I want that book as well. Loved that interview. I always enjoyed listening to Muro's mixtapes, and after watching this interview, he's become another artist that I want to meet in person. I just love his enthusiasm and humility. Upstanding musician and human being.