A Formal Introduction.

waxydischargewaxydischarge 24 Posts
edited August 2011 in Strut Central
Greetings Strutters,

I would like to formally introduce myself to all of you. My name is Michael C. (I was born an M.C. !!) I'm from Chicago. Ive been collecting records since I was a little kid. Had the brown Fischer Price joint with all my Disney/He Man/Hulk story book 45's. My moms was always pullin recs from the thrift store. I grew up with Dj Flesh O.n.e for anybody that knows him (stand up dude, excellent dj, and all around intelligent guy, he did some pretty cool 06pro midi mods & faceplates a few years back) I also came up with Swamburger from Sollioquists of Sound. I used to be part of a Chicago label called FRONTLINE back in the day. We put out Qwazaar "Walk Thru Walls", Frontline "Sine Langugage" and some stuff with OType Star and Slug, worked with/ J.U.I.C.E & Killa Priest, One Man Army/One Be Lo, Molemen, and others.

I used to post on this board when I lived with out in San Francisco circa '03? '04? (I think Ross Hog put me up on it via Flesh), but I don't remember my screenname or email. I tried to figure it out for a couple of hours, but that shit was tedious so I just made a new one instead.

As far as records go, my collection is pretty small (~ 1,000 LPs and maybe a couple hundred 45's) but I weed out a lot, so it's mostly only good/raer stuff. Lot's of Funk//Soul//Jazz// Early Rock//Rock//Surf// Garage//Psych//Library// Soundtrack// Early Electronic some gospel, kids, and comedy. Pretty much everything I guess, but over the past couple of years I've gotten pretty heavy into foreign psych funk stuff ... I'm a sucker for a nasty beat and a heavy dose of stoniness.

I took a quick photo of a few LP's so you can kind of see where i'm at ...

I've got a lot of recs for trade too, so hopefully I can check off some of your wants and acquire some of mine.

In my spare time I build bikes, hustle design work, buy and sell antiques, make beats, teach art to kids, and kiss my girl.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for all of the contributing cats on this board. (The record stories thread is bananas ... ) There is a wealth of information here spanning over a decade. I've definitely picked up some useful information and I just want to contribute back.

o.k. Peace

here's one more ...

O.k. 2 more

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Welcome back!

• nice intro! welcome.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    yeah, welcome back.

Fleshone's face plates were sick

• ahhh the faceplates .... funny story, ... one day I was painting some spots in the mission/soma and I jump down offa some trailers into somebodies yard because I saw all these rusty old cans, but they were full of paint. Some dude comes out and yells at me. So I was apologetic. I explain that Im a graff writer from Chicago, and didn't think anybody cared because they were all rusted ,,, He tells me to hold on, and then invites me in, ... turned out to be Damon Soule's apartment (and Mike Giant who I later learned was a friend of a homie of mine from Albuquerque) at the time I think Damon was painting Danielle Steel's daughters bedroom? ... and shortly after that the D23 faceplates were borned.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Greetings,

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    morning earth = :beerbang:

• Welcome back, Cutter!

And yes, Flesh is a stand-up dude.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    What up though

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Welcome!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I'm a sucker for a nasty beat and a heavy dose of stoniness.

Same here man.

- spidey