I want my co-workers to stop saying swag...

Comments

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    the_dL said:
    edith head said:
    get LD to tell them for you

hahahaha I had to repost this, thank you. LOL and swag both make me cringe, seriously i think i dislike them more than the old fingers/blackboard thing

it's cute, isn't it?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    you would not believe how many times so you think you can dance judges are saying it
    it's the new bling
    british accented swagger is the worst
    it can't be stopped
    Leave hiphop alone!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    swag > dope

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    batmon said:
    swag > dope

While I agree with your minimalist art assessment of aid to Africa, I strongly disagree with this.

On sonic merit alone, dope kicks swag's ass all over the mall and out to the parking lot where they keep the dumpsters.
    (DOPE = Determined and definitive! Sexy - lips meeting for the P sound! SWAG = swaaaahhhhhhhhg. Think donkey's bray)

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Last week I used the word swag, to mean branded free stuff.
    Which is an old time meaning from an earlier meaning of stolen goods, like pirate treasure.

The people I was with didn't know this meaning (we are all old) but one of my friends say that her students tell her she has swag, meaning she is cool. I think this is the meaning you all are deriding. I think I can still call free branded crap swag.

As for ghetto as an adjective, I was assured, right here, a number of years ago, that there was nothing wrong with that usage and that it was normal everyday usage good for everyone. I am glad to say I have never used it.

• Like most lexical fads, it's not the actual words which are at issue; it's that fact that the use of them identifies you as a fickle, impressionable idiot.

My elbow = anyone saying "simples". I will literally walk away in the middle of a conversation if someone says that to me.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    bassie said:
    batmon said:
    swag > dope

On sonic merit alone, dope kicks swag's ass all over the mall and out to the parking lot where they keep the dumpsters.
    (DOPE = Determined and definitive! Sexy - lips meeting for the P sound! SWAG = swaaaahhhhhhhhg. Think donkey's bray)

Damn that is one good put down - you should be a writer. Or maybe you are?

LaserWolf said:

i think you meant to use schwag which can also refer to dirt weed.

tabira said:
    bassie said:
    batmon said:
    swag > dope

Damn that is one good put down - you should be a writer. Or maybe you are?

I am not sure if you are putting me down lol

I am about as much a writer as anyone else who spends way too much time talking shit online.

(Thank You, if you were serious)

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    bassie said:

I am about as much a writer as anyone else who spends way too much time talking shit online.

(Thank You, if you were serious)

I was. And you're the one who gets at me for reeditng my posts 24 hrs later.lol. If only I could get my thoughts out so well on the first shot! (Quote me now cos I'll probaly want to re-edits this in few minutes)

haha!

Still, you are too kind...but hardly, I just do all my re-editing before posting!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    pimlicosquirrel said:

monica but no brandy?

Martin said:
    batmon has those shoes ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

DOPE SWAGGER!!!

• From RZA on Facebook today....

"To all my London fans: I want to be clear that I am not DJing or performing in London on August 15th or any time in the near future. I was never actually booked for this date and this happened without my or my team's knowledge or consent. Apologies for any inconvenience or confusion. As always, thanks for your support! Bong Bong!"

Are the kid's saying 'Bong Bong'? Can anyone shed some light on the origin and meaning? Should I be using Bong Bong? and if so, in what capacity? Are people saying Bong Bong at your work?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    rza was the only one trying to make that happen...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    if you say swag in australia people will think your talking about camping.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    pretty sure "bong bong" is only acceptable if your surname is Digital.

• RIP

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    edith head said:
    LaserWolf said:

swag=shit we all get

• SIRUS said:
    rza was the only one trying to make that happen...

"bong bong bong, your bell went rung, rung rung..."

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Slag.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    If you really want to help your co-workers, just tell them that people with real swagger don't say "swag" anymore. Instead, they should complain to the internet about the rest of the culturally retarded employees who are pulling their lexicon from mainstream media. I think that'd shut'm up pretty quick.

CBear said:
    If you really want to help your co-workers, just tell them that people with real swagger don't say "dope" anymore. Instead, they should complain to the internet about the rest of the culturally retarded employees who are pulling their lexicon from mainstream media. I think that'd shut'm up pretty quick.

I've been swagger-free since 2005 and intend to keep it that way.

This still gets heavy play at club and basement parties by me - it makes me chuckle.

(I wish the don't swagger-jack! guy was here to provide commentary)

The_Non said:
    edith head said:
    LaserWolf said:

swag=shit we all get

i've only heard my coworkers pronounce it schwag, but i guess we are both right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promotional_merchandise

SWAG as an acronym makes more sense to me though. Maybe schwag is one of those terms that was incorrect, but generally accepted later on because people kept saying it, like "irregardless"?

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Shwag is a nationwide thing too, nahmean.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I want my colleagues to stop saying co-workers

Git fam, and get collegiate