Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    A lot of people get salty about this aspect of Tarantino's style, and coincidentally many of those people are movie critics who like to think of themselves as being more cine-literate than him. But what is almost always overlooked when people point the finger at Tarantino - all the while ignoring the kind of lifts that, off the top of the head, the likes of De Palma or Spielberg routinely indulge in - is that Tarantino may load up all that shit into his movies for the benefit of film geeks like him, but it doesn't interfere with a less-obsessive viewer's ability to enjoy the film. It's never exclusionary, and it's never as shameless or blatant as, say, the baby carriage down the steps in The Untouchables, or the dolly-out/zoom-in in Jaws.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Great post Doc.

I'm positive you could go through the majority of films nowadays and easily pick out plenty of things pulled from others flicks.

If films and books were held to the same standards music were. Films would be extremely boring IMO...

• He does a great job of pleasing the casual film goer and the film geeks. I'm always impressed by the array of people who get excited by a new Tarantino film.

Plus I love geeking out over his references.