60's Mexican Spy Film

llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
I've just come in half way through a Mexican comedy spy film and wondered if anyone could recognise it from this description. There is a scene with a guy be chased by a bull in a bull fighting ring, some surfing with girls in bikinis riding bikes around the beach, one of them ends up cycling into the sea. The music is pretty cool with a version of Green Onions standing out.

Long shot I know but thought I would ask!

Comments

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Managed to find out what it was called Las Sicodelicas!!

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts
    Featuring Los Shains w/ a lip-syncing non-Shain on lead vocals. I saw Horseleech's VHS copy about 8 years ago.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    Exactly, any idea who was responsible for the version of Green Onions?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    It's a Peruvian movie, not Mexican.

Great 60's outfits! Theoretically it's Los Shains doing the music, but it might be a studio group doing that cover.

If you look at the water skiing scene you'll see a moment that looks almost identical to the cover of the first Traffic Sound Lp.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    From what I read on the net the movie is Mexican but was filmed in Peru. Not sure why though.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

Looks pretty much peruvian.

• llmod1llmod1 317 Posts
    NOTES: this is an interesting and entertaining film, albeit not a perfect one by any stretch. It has that "co-production look" common to Mexican films shot overseas in the 1960s and 1970s: something about the film stock, processing, the sound, even the supporting (non-Mexican) players is distinctive and a bit off-putting. Additionally, although this is a black comedy with a fair number of murders in the course of the picture, the conclusion is disappointingly downbeat. And then there is Rogelio Guerra, whose bumbling character is practically insufferable (compare him to Fernando Luj??n in Agente 00 Sexy, for instance).

• is this it?