The Great James Brown Rhythm Sections 1960-1973

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
The book is split into 2 .PDF files:
part 1: DivShare File - James Brown - Funkmasters.pdf
part 2: DivShare File - James Brown Funkmasters 2nd half.pdf

MP3's of the Audio Lessons (unpack the file with winrar or whatever into a folder):
DivShare File - JB MP3.rar

hope it's kosher for me to be posting this kind of stuff. enjoy.
edddyu

Comments

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    I have this, but I lost the CDs a while ago.
    Fucking fantastic! Thanks a lot.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Wow....thank you so much for sharing. I will defintely be dling this when I get home from work. Hope it stays up that long.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    thanks!

• esskayesskay 221 Posts
    Best "James Brown" show I ever saw was here in SD in 91 or 92. Maceo Parker & friends. Started the show w/the line "We are going to play some jazz-2% jazz & 98% funky stuff". One of the best concerts in my life to a small crowd of maybe 150 people. Whole show consisted of James Brown/J.B.'s/Maceo & The Kingsmen/Horny Horns/P-Funk classics Killing band w/Fred Wesley, Pee Wee Ellis, Melvin Parker, Bart Byrd (Bobby's son), etc. etc. Incredible!!

• esskay said:
    Best "James Brown" show I ever saw was here in SD in 91 or 92. Maceo Parker & friends. Started the show w/the line "We are going to play some jazz-2% jazz & 98% funky stuff". One of the best concerts in my life to a small crowd of maybe 150 people. Whole show consisted of James Brown/J.B.'s/Maceo & The Kingsmen/Horny Horns/P-Funk classics Killing band w/Fred Wesley, Pee Wee Ellis, Melvin Parker, Bart Byrd (Bobby's son), etc. etc. Incredible!!

this one is aright- i think it's from that tour or that era at least:

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    I'm am terrible on the guitar but on the raer occasion I feel the need to play this book usually isn't too far away. Had it for years. Good read too, for you non musicians.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thanks a bunch