summer wedding attire

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
My brother-in-law is getting married next month. The ceremony is outside, in Texas, in the middle of August. August is typically the most brutal month of the summer here in Texas with temperatures averaging above 100 degrees. The reception will be indoors but it will be scorching hot during the ceremony. That said, I need to find something appropriate to wear and thought I'd turn to the SoulStrut fashionistas for advice. Plaese to post suggestions.

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    billbradley said:
    My brother-in-law is getting married next month. The ceremony is outside, in Texas, in the middle of August. August is typically the most brutal month of the summer here in Texas with temperatures averaging above 100 degrees. The reception will be indoors but it will be scorching hot during the ceremony. That said, I need to find something appropriate to wear and thought I'd turn to the SoulStrut fashionistas for advice. Plaese to post suggestions.

If they are thoughtless enough to have their wedding outside in August in TX, guests should wear what ever the fuck they want.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    CousinLarry said:

If they are thoughtless enough to have their wedding outside in August in TX, guests should wear what ever the fuck they want.

I agree, but don't want to show up looking like a total bum. Right now I am thinking light linen pants and white shirt. No idea on the shoes yet.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

I could get shot for wearing that

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    Co-sign on the thought put into having a wedding in Texas mid-summer; it's mind blowing. I've been to a few, and as "nice" as the weddings were, the only thing people remember about the ceremonies is how fucking hot it was outside.

• unityunity 179 Posts
    Linen suit. Jcrew has some nice ones, I think this has been covered in other threads.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Seersucker, no tie, no socks.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    batmon said:
    Seersucker, no tie, no show socks.

thanks. that was the direction i was leaning toward.

• Plus four's

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Aloha shirt, obvs.

hogginthefogg said:
    Aloha shirt, obvs.

funny you say that because my wife was trying to get me to wear this

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Reflects the heat AND gets a few laughs.

Everyone's a winner baby.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    outside in August in Texas? Fuck that...what a shitty idea. I would skip the nuptuals and meet them at the reception, seriously... Fuggin' grandma and grandpas will keel over in that bullshit. Asking folks to do that is criminal. The shit people ask people to do for their "big day" is ridiculous...selfish bullshit.

The_Hook_Up said:
    outside in August in Texas? Fuck that...what a shitty idea. I would skip the nuptuals and meet them at the reception, seriously... Fuggin' grandma and grandpas will keel over in that bullshit. Asking folks to do that is criminal. The shit people ask people to do for their "big day" is ridiculous...selfish bullshit.

I totally agree that having the ceremony outside is total bullshit but I have to be there. To make things worse, the wedding is on a Friday, so I have to take the day off work to go sweat in the heat. Fortunately, the caterers aren't serving any hot food and will have ice cold aguas frescas for people as they arrive to cool them off.

batmon said:

The bride totally loses points for not being in costume.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    batmon said:

Nothing more embarrassing than turning up to a wedding and finding out someone else bought the same outfit as you.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    pimlicosquirrel said: