Black Jazz master tapes on craigslist

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    blackjazz said:
    Yeah your right the price is droping fast. I mean really fast. So fast that I
    decided to sale each master back to the artist on Black Jazz. I would never
    sale the label for nothing, before I will do that I would sit on it for 20 years.
    But what the hell Doug and Jeans wants control of their four masters so
    why not chop the label up and sale back to the artist for a affordable price.

All potential buyers theirs nothing to hold out for. You will never get this
    label for a cheap price. That's not going to happen. 20 masters 10 artists,
    so thats who will most likely own them when its all said in done.

I gave you all a chance, but you sat their and was to bizzy slandering and
    gossiping on the post instead of a calling to make a counter offer.
    UNBELIEVABLE
    Peace.

James Hardge C.E.O Black Jazz

Damn, in hindsight I now recognize that I should not have gotten bizzy gossiping and slandering.

I just sat there, and now I will never have the opportunity to pay 185K for the BJ catalog.

Joke's on me.

• REDACTED

REDACTED

This is James Hardge C.E.O of Black Jazz. If you notice the Numberogroup has removed
    theirs racist ass comments.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    blackjazz said:
    affordable price.

the differing of opinions between this & the added aspect of reality & realistic pricing seems to be a pretty big barrier in the sale of Black Jazz to anybody.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    herbacios tweed said:

This is James Hardge C.E.O of Black Jazz. If you notice the Numberogroup has removed
    theirs racist ass comments.

yeah, those racist Numero dudes.... (eyeroll)
    Racism is also one of the reasons why you've been unable to sell such a untapped mine of musically incredible master tapes. (you may want to pinch yourself out of dreamland). But good luck with your endeavor.....

• i decided to sale.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    no wonder you can't sell your label sounding like a mofo sucker whining fuck outta here

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    SoulOnIce said:

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    We're still trying to figure out how making a solid case for not buying a label is racist.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    TNG said:
    We're still trying to figure out how making a solid case for not buying a label is racist.

That's the kind of racist thinking that got us into this bizzyness in the first place.

• faux_rillz said:
    BJ catalog

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    Actually, The Numero Office number is 773 522 5013. If anyone wants to call, go for it, we could use a laugh.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Mr. Hardge,

My government name is Rich Haupt and I know virtually nothing about your label or the music released on Black Jazz. I do have first hand knowledge of the way Numero Group conducts their business and I find them to be honest and fair when dealing with artists and labels I have put them in touch with. If they weren't, I would have advised my associates to not do business with them. As a label owner myself I am curious how you came up with the "value" of your company? Was this based on what other comparable labels had sold their rights and tapes for? If so, what label(s) did you use as your basis? It seems to me that based on the total sales of your label when it was in operation, $250K is quite a high asking price.

This is not an attempt to bad mouth or insult you or your label, it's simply math. You have 21 releases on your label so your original asking price was about $12K per title. Do you have any idea how many copies of each title would have to be sold in order for the investor to just break even? Face the truth, if there was a market out their for your label whereas each title could sell a minimum of 5,000 copies YOU would release them. The sad reality, which you now must face, is that there is no such market.....anywhere. This is not Numero's fault nor should they be obligated to not state that fact, after all, they are in touch with their potential market better than you or I are.

If indeed you are Mr. James Hardge, owner of the Black Jazz label, I think you need to come to grips with the fact that you're not sitting on the Goldmine you think you are and not blame others for the lack of interest in your product.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Mr Hardge,
    You should spend less time on the internet and more time trying to sell your label's catalog. People talking about the catalog's sale is good, no matter how much they badmouth the label's output, you, etc. You coming on here and throwing an internet tantrum is not. Step away from the keyboard and make some calls, perhaps internationally to Europe, Australia, Japan. And I agree wholeheartedly with what Rich said above, the math just doesn't work. Additionally, this label has been extensively bootlegged and sad to say that has also hurt the label's value. Good luck in selling Black Jazz.

• mistu brack jazz - prease be leasonruboh. no one careah bout ludeoff jerhnsahn and hemly flankuh dah skippahdoh in 2011. especrahly in japan. you rogo make nice t shaht tho.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    kazusa said:
    mistu brack jazz - prease be leasonruboh. no one careah bout ludeoff jerhnsahn and hemly flankuh dah skippahdoh in 2011. especrahly in japan. you rogo make nice t shaht tho.
    :killin_it:

Mr. Hardge,
    I'm afraid I'm not the one looking foolish. Was it your lawyers idea to use Craigslist to sell your label?

Regards,

Rich Haupt

• I must admit that it's a unique business tactic to insult people in order to persuade them to call you and give you many thousands of dollars.

• my reply is this "Pimps and Hoes"

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    I must admit that it's a unique business tactic to insult people in order to persuade them to call you and give you many thousands of dollars.

It's also awesome when they try to extort money from you.

• words almost fail me on this guy. jesus christ...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Rishan said:
    words almost fail me on this guy.

Actually it seems like words are failing him.

A question for the label owners in this thread: do you frequently engage in six figure business transactions with folks who lack even a basic understanding of the English language?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    blackjazz said:
    If I showed you my books and can prove the you it's a good investment would you be willing to
    purchase the label?
    POST THEM

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Mr. Hardge,
    I'm afraid I'm not the one looking foolish. Was it your lawyers idea to use Craigslist to sell your label?

Regards,

Rich Haupt

This is racist.

TNG said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Mr. Hardge,

Regards,

Rich Haupt

This is racist.

If I send you a photo of me wearing a Cheerleader outfit can I get my own Numero Trading Card?

• Options
    blackjazz said:

James Hardge C.E.O Black Jazz 510 452 5299

Are you a publicly traded firm?

• It's been a while since I have posted on the Strut, but I wrote an article last month on the Black Jazz masters being for sale over at my site Flea Market Funk. Since I wrote the article, I have been contacted by CEO of Black Jazz James Hardge. I did a follow up today in light of some e-mails that were sent to me.

Here's a link to the article.

Black Jazz Records Part 2