One day in NYC... Where should I dig?

EL CHAMACOEL CHAMACO 96 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
Staying at the Standard.. not that it matters
but maybe there is something in the area?

NYC dealers feel free to hit me up!

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Go to Good, Big City & Acadamy, they are fairly close to each other & good places to get started. Enjoy!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    A-1 is also close by and is usually worth a visit.

• huge cosine on A-1 (my favourite shop in the city), Academy (in brooklyn and the one on 12th), Big City and Good. avoid the west village spots on and around bleeker st. like the plague - extremely overpriced, tourist trap vinyl shops run by the crustiest dudes in the city. Other places to avoid are Second Hand Rose and Jazz Record Mart.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    if you're there on the weekend check out Gimme Gimme Records too, just down the block from GRNYC.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Cityguides was created for this right?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    huge cosine on A-1 (my favourite shop in the city), Academy (in brooklyn and the one on 12th), Big City and Good. avoid the west village spots on and around bleeker st. like the plague - extremely overpriced, tourist trap vinyl shops run by the crustiest dudes in the city. Other places to avoid are Second Hand Rose and Jazz Record Mart.

Considering that the Jazz Record Mart is in Chicago, it should be easy to avoid

• faux_rillz said:
    crabmongerfunk said:
    huge cosine on A-1 (my favourite shop in the city), Academy (in brooklyn and the one on 12th), Big City and Good. avoid the west village spots on and around bleeker st. like the plague - extremely overpriced, tourist trap vinyl shops run by the crustiest dudes in the city. Other places to avoid are Second Hand Rose and Jazz Record Mart.

Considering that the Jazz Record Mart is in Chicago, it should be easy to avoid

meant to write to avoid Jazz Record Center in Chelsea

batmon said:
    Cityguides was created for this right?

unfortunately those guides are often incomplete and out-of-date.