A Serbian Film.

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
Discuss?

Comments

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    wildest film i've ever seen, makes martyrs look like care bears. yes, i turned away a few times.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Have not seen it. Sounds way too harsh for me.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Which one? I thought You Got Serbed was pretty good.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    cookbook said:
    wildest film i've ever seen, makes martyrs look like care bears. yes, i turned away a few times.

I couldn't disagree more. To me Les Martyrs is the best horror movie of the past 25 years. While tastes may be different, I don't think it's up for discussion that A Serbian Film is about as dumb as Les Martyrs is smart. I actually enjoyed the first 30-40 minutes of A Serbian Film and thought it built up quite some promise but then it just completely went to shit. Terribly dated and predictable script and laughable effects. Ultimately nothing but a waste of time. A transparent attempt at creating the ultimate in shock value and a pathetic failure not only at that but even at being remotely entertaining.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Frank have you seen August Underground? What did you think about that one?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    Frank have you seen August Underground? What did you think about that one?

No, haven't seen it. Any good?

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    I haven't seen it either, if I can't make it through Cannibal Holocaust, I know I won't be able to hang with these other ones. But its supposed to be up there with Les Martyrs and A Serbian Film. Its in the snuff/torture category. Its supposed to be pretty brutal but more shock for shocking's sake than anything else, or so I've heard.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    augustus underground is that movie with a necrophiliac scene in it right? Looks pretty "amateurish" tho but i guess thats just to make it look "real"

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    The main theme to "The Serbian Film" is something straight out of the Odd Future songbook and I have to say - it's a bit of an earworm.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Which one? I thought You Got Serbed was pretty good.

haha! All 'most violent movie ever made' hype for the Fangoria crowd aside, the title is rather generic. Aleksandar Petrovic must be spinning in his grave

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I wish I could unread the plot summary from Wikipedia. I don't think I could watch this movie.