Traffic Faker / URL harvesting

PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
WTF is this all about?
A month or so ago, I noticed the top referrers to my site were no longer sites like Funky16 Corners, Latinfunk.org, sofrito.co.uk, ie related to music, and I start seeing a ton of sites with .ru at the end, usually sexytime related. So one of the sites is called http://trafficfaker.com.... they seem to offer some amazing service that looks like absolute stupidity unless you really are making 30k a month from the comfort of your own home or something. Is this shit really better than actually getting out the house and doing an honest day's work?
Once you have completed the harvesting of URLs and backed up/saved the output file Traffic Fakers key traffic generation tool can finally be utilized. What exactly is Referral Faking you ask? Essentially the Referral Faker loads up the text file containing URLs and one by one processes the URLs sending fake visitor hits with your pre-defined URL (usually your own website or product), leaving a footprint of this URL in its traffic stats and the web. This is a quick, efficient and effective way of getting your site or product known all over the internet. This means that when a webmaster, or a user (in the case of publicly published statistics) sees your URL in their traffic tracking logs they will often click on the link to see what and how your website is linking to theirs. In turn this leads to traffic for your product or website.

So they send me 50 referral hits, I check my logs, click their link once out of curiosity, and this bumps them up in the rankings? LOL.