edited July 2011 in Strut Central
cold sapporo
a/c
small meals
cinema
chilled soups

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    a/c is for pussies (or for when you have guests)

b/w

snacking

b/w

opened one can of modelo, 1 hr later, I've had 5 of em and I'm still thirsty!

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    1. Beers in freezer for 30 minutes
    2. Joined the pool
    3. Sitting right next to the air conditioner
    4. Checking on my aging parents and making sure their house is freezing cold with ac blasting and prolonging my visit
    5. Trying to ride my bike, it gets hot but at the end it makes the weather feel cooler

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    ALL WATERMELON EVERYTHING.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Herm said:
    ALL WATERMELON EVERYTHING.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    POOL
    Water Ice
    Ice Cubes
    Lemonade
    Seltzer Water

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    a to tha muthafuckin c

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Lots of water and have had spicy spicy food for dinner the past two nights to sweat it out and cool off. I've blocked all the vents but the bedroom's, which is in the attic. I turn the AC on when I get home to get it breathable up there and turn it off overnight.

Daytime - my office is ACed to the max - I go outside just to warm up. It's stupid.

• firepit cooked jerk
    hendricks gin and tonic with lime & cucumber
    spf 8
    kiddie pool filled with ice, water, gatorade and kronenbourg blanc
    the misting station i constructed in the backyard two days ago

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

please post a photo, I assume there's a giant straw at work?

• bassie said:
    vintageinfants said:

please post a photo, I assume there's a giant straw at work?

HA! classic fountain pop swamp water!

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    cold shower
    ice cubes in front of the fan
    cucumbers with rice wine vinegar and sesame oil
    washcloths in the freezer
    move. real. slow.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Garcia_Vega said:
    cucumbers with rice wine vinegar and sesame oil
    :necessary: :necessary: :necessary:

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    AC
    Two showers per day. One hot, one cool later.
    2 cases of cold water per week
    Gatorade
    chilled fruit
    sliced tomatoes, chilled of course

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    keepin it 70 on the nose in the house

Iced tea

Beer

Fans blowin' on ya while ya sleep

shifts cancelled at work for a few days (not because of heat, but low hospital census) so day is spent playin' guitar, records and cooking. Outside is for chumps.

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    somen noodles topped with sliced cherry tomatoes, crispy bacon, finely chopped cucumber, myoga ginger and sesame dressing ;)

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    watermelon
    move slow
    no shirt on anywhere...white T if absolutely necessary
    lotsa water
    sleep on the roof
    swim laps at the public pool in the early eve...only possible way to exercise
    beer replaces food for dinner

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    cocaine
    marijuana
    vodka
    nancy wilson
    Ashford and Simpson
    gary coleman
    halle berry
    mint ice t
    pink lemonade
    vasaline
    leon ware
    clementines
    naked
    volvic
    herbert laws
    limeade
    cilantro
    red grapefruit
    the jones girls
    how high
    swimming pool
    bizarre foods
    wet ones
    nba live 2k11
    hawaiian sea salt
    whitney houston
    lynda carter
    clams

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Oooh, we didn't start the fiyaa
    It was always burnin
    Since the worlds been turnin

Okem said:
    It was always burnin

that was funny as hell

Okem said:
    It was always burnin

that was funny as hell

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I advocate rocking acclimatization moves.

Can't keep running from the heat... gotta embrace that schitt.

When humans move from a cool or temperate environment to a hot, dry desert environment or vice versa, they should spend up to seven days acclimatizing to the change in their environment.

This lets the body make internal adjustments (see homeostasis) to compensate for the change in environmental conditions.

A heat acclimatized person will have a lower heart rate, and a lower skin temperature. The salt content of sweat also decreases as people acclimatize.

Mr_Lee_PHD said:

When humans move from a cool or temperate environment to a hot, dry desert environment or vice versa, they should spend up to seven days acclimatizing to the change in their environment.

This lets the body make internal adjustments (see homeostasis) to compensate for the change in environmental conditions.

A heat acclimatized person will have a lower heart rate, and a lower skin temperature. The salt content of sweat also decreases as people acclimatize.

acclimatization does indeed work in dry environments...also, dry environments cool off at night, leading to some relief and body cooling..however as someone who worked outside every summer in the south and Texas for 15 years straight, you never really get used to high heat AND high humidity, no relief at night..it sucks...go find relief, run from the heat, go cool off. Unless you plan on living in the jungle for years at a stretch(where yeah, you will end up acclimating after say a year or so), you will not really acclimate to this kind of shit we have right now with 7 days of acclimatization.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:

acclimatization does indeed work in dry environments...also, dry environments cool off at night, leading to some relief and body cooling..however as someone who worked outside every summer in the south and Texas for 15 years straight, you never really get used to high heat AND high humidity, no relief at night..it sucks...go find relief, run from the heat, go cool off. Unless you plan on living in the jungle for years at a stretch(where yeah, you will end up acclimating after say a year or so), you will not really acclimate to this kind of shit we have right now with 7 days of acclimatization.

Acclimatization can go fuck itself. All AC, all the time. My environment acclimatizes itself to me. Our ancestors didn't beat this planet into submission just so I can sweat it out and live in hope of a mild breeze.

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    frozen grapes
    IPA
    garden full of hot peppers
    basement

DB_Cooper said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Mr_Lee_PHD said:

Acclimatization can go fuck itself. All AC, all the time. My environment acclimatizes itself to me. Our ancestors didn't beat this planet into submission just so I can sweat it out and live in hope of a mild breeze.

this.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    when i was in dakar (42 celcius average on some ecuatorial heat shit)
    i tried to do the local acclimation

plus drinking hot tea
    but i could not hang

frozen grapes
    freezer beer (kronembourg blac FTW)
    salads...
    grilling no oven or boiling
    fans while you sleep
    praying for ac
    no shirt or a wifebeater to go pickup the mail
    laps in the morning
    hot showers

our new Trane XL 14c is my idea of acclimating.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Linen pants
    AC
    Shade
    AC
    Infused vodka and soda*

*Been infusing some vodkas recently since fruit is in season and cheap. Mash fruit, mix with vodka, let it sit for a week, strain, add copious amounts of ice and soda water. If you add apple juice to sweeten, you've got an alcoholic fruit-flavored soda. I usually prefer it unsweetened. I was rocking strawberry lemon sodas last night. So gangsta.

:hard_as_fuck:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Top Down
    DJ Screw

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Deegreez said:
    1. Beers in freezer for 30 minutes
    Yes.
    But forgetting to replace the freezer beer with the fridge beer after taking said freezer beer = tears.