EBAY feedback score got worse WTF?

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
i got a positive feedback today and my score went from 99.5 to 99.4 i only have one negative from about 11 months ago.
how is this possible?

peace, stein. . .:)

Comments

• soundsrealsoundsreal 128 Posts
    youngEINSTEIN said:
    i got a positive feedback today and my score went from 99.5 to 99.4 i only have one negative from about 11 months ago.
    how is this possible?

Speculating I'd have to say that one could rate a transaction as positive but still be stingy on the star count. If you're asking why someone would rate you positively and give you a low score though your guess is as good as mine.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    or the law of averages, maths works in mysterious ways sometimes

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    From what I understand, eBay now calculates your score % based on your last 12 months. What could have happened is that a chunk of positive feedbacks from 12 months ago just got knocked back to not counting, and you must have fewer feedbacks now from the last 12 months than you did a week or two ago. Then your one negative will affect your score more, since it is one negative to a fewer number of positives. This is probably what happened, at least its the only thing I can think of that makes sense. I know the star ratings don't count for your feedback %, just on your ratings on those categories.

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    the same way that ebay's system works to round up the percentage you will cut them in on, would go a long way to explaining why your feedback rating is working in reverse.
    think of the millions they make on such moves over a long period of time

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    bluesnag said:
    From what I understand, eBay now calculates your score % based on your last 12 months. What could have happened is that a chunk of positive feedbacks from 12 months ago just got knocked back to not counting, and you must have fewer feedbacks now from the last 12 months than you did a week or two ago. Then your one negative will affect your score more, since it is one negative to a fewer number of positives. This is probably what happened, at least its the only thing I can think of that makes sense. I know the star ratings don't count for your feedback %, just on your ratings on those categories.

this makes sense. thank you.