Chico Buarque--Construcao

CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
Just picked up this album the other day, and I'm loving it. A few years ago, I picked a comp of Chico's early works, and I just wasn't feeling it. I think Construcao is the album of Buarque's that I've always been looking for style-wise, but wasn't sure if it existed. Can anyone else recommend other Buarque titles that are good, or close to as good as Construcao?

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Casteneda said:
    Just picked up this album the other day, and I'm loving it. A few years ago, I picked a comp of Chico's early works, and I just wasn't feeling it. I think Construcao is the album of Buarque's that I've always been looking for style-wise, but wasn't sure if it existed. Can anyone else recommend other Buarque titles that are good, or close to as good as Construcao?

This is generally considered his masterpiece. As much as I love a lot of Brasilian music, I can't get with most of his stuff. I do like other people's versions of his songs, though.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I love this LP. It's all instrumental and is basically Baroque bossa, with lots of woodwinds and harpsicord. And if you ask me, you cant have too much harpsicord.

• CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    I love this LP. It's all instrumental and is basically Baroque bossa, with lots of woodwinds and harpsicord. And if you ask me, you cant have too much harpsicord.

Nice, I haven't seen this one before. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!