Dante Carfagna/DJ Klever's 45 ..modern day raer?

Dolo76Dolo76 64 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
Peace SoulStrut,

Got this 45 back in 99 from Klev, he lived down the street from me in ATL, and was one of the cats I used to scratch practice with back then. I remember when he brought it through, i was buggin at Music Or Noise (cuz Klev is one of the best scratchers on earth) but Dante's side was dope too. He also had the 45 that the drums for Dante's beat came from, ahhh they were so ill.

anyone else up on this record, know how many were pressed, etc??

Comments

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    who is Dante Carfagna?

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Klever was incredible, i wonder what dude is up to these days, I never see his name mentioned any more

• Dolo76Dolo76 64 Posts
    the_dL said:
    Klever was incredible, i wonder what dude is up to these days, I never see his name mentioned any more

He's been doing alot of touring and releasing some type of electronic/dance music, im not sure what its called. when qbert came to town back then, him and klev got into a crazy Q&A session trying to outstyle each other before the club opened, i wish someone had recorded it, ridiculous
    Attached files

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Dolo76 said:

when qbert came to town back then, him and klev got into a crazy Q&A session trying to outstyle each other before the club opened, i wish someone had recorded it, ridiculous

really, i would have put money on q-bert in a scratch battle, klever was next level as an all rounder, but not mind blowing on the cut when you put him side by side with some one like q-bert. IMO the only other dudes on that level are d-styles and maybe babu,. still would love to have heard it though!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Dolo76 said:
    Peace SoulStrut,

Got this 45 back in 99 from Klev, he lived down the street from me in ATL, and was one of the cats I used to scratch practice with back then. I remember when he brought it through, i was buggin at Music Or Noise (cuz Klev is one of the best scratchers on earth) but Dante's side was dope too. He also had the 45 that the drums for Dante's beat came from, ahhh they were so ill.

anyone else up on this record, know how many were pressed, etc??

Yeah, I've got doubles of this...I'm pretty sure I put it on a mixtape back in the day, too. Dope 45. I like the one that Luke the Red Eye Jedi did, too.

Speaking of back in the day, I remember when Klever had a head full of dreads (Third World Citizens days....). Dude was always super-nasty on the cut, too. That Jamabalayadumbstafunk tape he did with Faust is :face_melt: