eBay RSS Feeds + Google Reader = sudden clusterf**k???

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
Last week nearly all of my eBay RSS feeds went absolutely bonkers and started pulling completely arbitrary auctions. At first I thought it might be just ignoring the category function (search within records) but they're actually just coming up with auctions where, if I search the description, I can't even find the search terms that the RSS feed was based on. I'm talking everything from antique plates to hard drives to cars. It basically rendered 2k+ feeds useless.

Is this happening to anyone else? Especially if you use Google Reader...I'm thinking maybe Google Reader and eBay RSS just don't get along or something...

I tried calling eBay but of course no one there even knows that there are RSS feeds on their site, dunno where else to ask since no one I know outside of record dudes uses eBay RSS feeds regularly. Reynaldo? Odub? halp.

Comments

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    You sound like a such little dude right now, B!

Kidding! That is weird though.

If your search terms are more than one word long then make sure to put everything in quotes (obviously creating duplicate feeds using alternate title variations).

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It could be a Google Reader issue. I use Shrook and all of mine are still good to go. Is there a way you can export all of your feeds to a single file?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Reynaldo said:
    It could be a Google Reader issue. I use Shrook and all of mine are still good to go. Is there a way you can export all of your feeds to a single file?

Did this, works fine. So weird that the Google product is the issue, not the eBay feeds. I had been using Shrook and then went to Google Reader, but I guess no more.

Thanks dude.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I have had this problem but it's with single search categories, seemingly at random. It's always 2-3/day. Kind of a pain but easy enough to get past (of course, the problem is that it renders that category temporarily useless).

Google Reader is still >>> any offline reader I've used, including Shrook. Alas.