Obama Sucks

Comments

• Martin said:
    TheKindCromang said:

Usually when I see people pushing politics or politicians out on the street I just keep walking, but this was just too putrid to let slide.

so what did you do?

I went up to the people working the table and asked them if they really thought Obama was like Hitler.
    They did and their reasoning was related to Obama's Health Care program and how forcing people to buy health care is like forcing people to go into concentration camps. Something along those lines. I told them that made no sense and actually tried to talk to them about some of the twisted logic this LaRouche dude was propagating. It was pointless but it definitely put LaRouche on my awareness map. I had never even heard of him before.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    Martin said:
    TheKindCromang said:

Usually when I see people pushing politics or politicians out on the street I just keep walking, but this was just too putrid to let slide.

so what did you do?

I went up to the people working the table and asked them if they really thought Obama was like Hitler.
    They did and their reasoning was related to Obama's Health Care program and how forcing people to buy health care is like forcing people to go into concentration camps. Something along those lines. I told them that made no sense and actually tried to talk to them about some of the twisted logic this LaRouche dude was propagating. It was pointless but it definitely put LaRouche on my awareness map. I had never even heard of him before.

He's only been running for President for like the last 40 years.

• sabadabada said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    Martin said:
    TheKindCromang said:

so what did you do?

What's your point?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    LaRouche is like the Ron L Hubbard of politics.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    TheKindCromang said:
    sabadabada said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    Martin said:
    TheKindCromang said:

so what did you do?

What's your point?

your awareness map

• TheKindCromang said:
    sabadabada said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    Martin said:
    TheKindCromang said:

so what did you do?

What's your point?

your awareness map

Ha ha. You're right man. I really should be keeping up on all my fringe candidates

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    LaRouche is like the Ron L Hubbard of politics.

At this point, Larouche is the archetype for abiding political irrelevance. Lyndon Larouche is the Lyndon Larouche of politics.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Obama unilaterally going to war against Libya, against the wishes of the House of Representatives which is now suing Obama over it, is about as dictatorial as it gets.

And Obama is simultaneously backing out on withdrawing troops from Iraq, as he said he would.

Dude sucks just as much as any of our past presidents.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Do you think they should make him take it down?

A) It looks like it should be flying outside Bugs Meany & the Tigers's shed behind Mr. Sweeney's Auto Body Shop

B) no, who cares

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    edith head said:

B) no, who cares

Apparently the woman that the newspaper article was about....and the children.....we must protect the children.

b/w

I am curious if this is a one of a kind custom made flag or if these are flying at many different locations.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    You're right, some people do care.

We should start threads posting links to news stories about who won the pie eating contest too.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    edith head said:

We should start threads posting links to news stories about who won the pie eating contest too.

I've often wondered about what the best kind of thread to start here is.

I start plenty of threads about music or records that get minimal to moderate response.

I posted this one, mainly because it was about a dude that lives 4 houses down from me, and it went to 3 pages.

What is the objective when starting a thread here?

If the thought that somebody may not be interested in a particular thread prevented one from being started this place would be nothing but crickets.

And if I went into threads I had no interest in and posted "Who cares" what would that make me??

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    edith head said:

You just mad 'cause I styled on you in the pie eating contest.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Obama unilaterally going to war against Libya, against the wishes of the House of Representatives which is now suing Obama over it, is about as dictatorial as it gets.

This is a pretty egregious mischaracterization.

Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

http://uselectionnews.org/house-sues-obama-over-libya-campaign/854058/

HarveyCanal said:

And Obama is simultaneously backing out on withdrawing troops from Iraq, as he said he would.

Obama did go to war against Libya. True.
    He did not get Congress' approval. True.
    The wishes of Congress are unclear. It seems to me that they support the action of the president, since they decided to fund the war on Libya. They could have chosen to not fund and to specifically bar any American action there. That is what Congress did in the 80s when Reagan meddled in Nicaragua against congress' wishes.

I am not happy about Obama's handling of Libya, but I can assure it gets a lot more dictatorial than that. Lot, lot, lot more. Even as American presidents go that is not very dictatorial.

I think each president rates differently on the suck-o-meter.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    HarveyCanal said:

The wishes of Congress are unclear.

The wishes of Congress are crystal clear, they voted 295-123 across party lines against it on 6/24.

What's unclear about that?

Obama made it a big point in May to say he wouldn't send ground troops to Libya. And then he did just that. Fuck that dude.

HarveyCanal said:
    Obama made it a big point in May to say he wouldn't send ground troops to Libya. And then he did just that. Fuck that dude.

I'm pretty sure that there aren't any U.S. ground troops in Libya, unless they are covert.

Horseleech said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I'm pretty sure that there aren't any U.S. ground troops in Libya, unless they are covert.

Overseas sources have been saying that US Army Rangers are already there.

HarveyCanal said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    HarveyCanal said:

http://uselectionnews.org/house-sues-obama-over-libya-campaign/854058/

Thanks, but that it's totality of your mischaracterization that is egregious, and not just one part. Furthermore, your own article indicates that 10 members of the House have filed suit, not THE House, which you imply. So even that point of yours is an egregious mischaracterization.

Horseleech said:

The wishes of Congress are crystal clear, they voted 295-123 across party lines against it on 6/24.

Horseleech said:
    LaserWolf said:
    HarveyCanal said:

How about the part where they are still paying for it? Are you really against something that you continue to pay for, and have the option to cease payments? I say no.

HarveyCanal said:
    Horseleech said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Overseas sources have been saying that US Army Rangers are already there.

Any that you would care to share?

British, Russian, and Israeli confirmations that I've heard of so far.

Bon Vivant said:
    Horseleech said:
    LaserWolf said:
    HarveyCanal said:

How about the part where they are still paying for it? Are you really against something that you continue to pay for, and have the option to cease payments? I say no.

It's a lot more complicated than that. If you're in Congress you probably do that very thing almost every day.

There is a big difference between cutting off funding for operations that are already underway and not authorizing them in the first place. In addition, this move would have left many of our allies in the lurch and generated a lot of ill will. If you read up on the subject it's pretty clear where congress stands on the issue.

HarveyCanal said:
    British, Russian, and Israeli confirmations that I've heard of so far.

Haha! I meant any that you would care to provide a link for. My bad.

Horseleech said:

It's a lot more complicated than that. If you're in Congress you probably do that very thing almost every day.

There is a big difference between cutting off funding for operations that are already underway and not authorizing them in the first place. In addition, this move would have left many of our allies in the lurch and generated a lot of ill will. If you read up on the subject it's pretty clear where congress stands on the issue.

All the same, I think I'm versed enough on the topic and feel comfortable enaging in this conversation.. Thanks, though.

You're right about there being a difference between cutting off funding for operations that are already underway and not authorizing them in the first place. In my view though, this situation is more a display of the difference between really being against something and political grandstanding.

Horseleech said:
    LaserWolf said:
    HarveyCanal said:

As I said in the part of my post that you didn't quote:
    It seems to me that they support the action of the president, since they decided to fund the war on Libya. They could have chosen to not fund and to specifically bar any American action there.
    That is what Congress did in the 80s when Reagan meddled in Nicaragua against congress' wishes.

Passing a resolution that has no force of law and then voting to fund the action you just voted against is the very definition of unclear in my book.

• HarveyCanal said: