Kanye asks rappers to stop using the term "gay"

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    He looks awfully cute in that picture....

Should I myself?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    what about ?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    How many Kanye West related threads were started today and within the last week?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    How many Kanye West related threads were started today and within the last week?

kanye west threads are

• In other news, Gay people have asked that kanye stop using sped up soul loops.

i'd tap.

In other news, Gay people have asked that kanye stop using sped up soul loops and start using more cowbell.

In other news, Gay people have asked that kanye stop using sped up soul loops.
    that "school spirit" jawn is my kid's new fav.

• Dare I say, revolutionary?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

kanye west threads are

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    That joint where he partners up with Rhymefest and they shout-out their brand-new dicks? Very brave.

That joint where he partners up with Rhymefest and they shout-out their brand-new dicks? Very brave.
    I don't even wanna know...

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I know I'm not the only one who thinks it's admirable that Kanye is using his popularity to say something worthy.

Am I?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    maybe he's channelling the gay rage.

• I know I'm not the only one who thinks it's admirable that Kanye is using his popularity to say something worthy.

Am I?

I think it's great. it's also a great money move. Hopefully that's not lost on anyone...

the first "out" rapper will cake off, believe it...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I know I'm not the only one who thinks it's admirable that Kanye is using his popularity to say something worthy.

Am I?

I'm witcha

For once his big mouth is flapping about something other than himself and thats a good thing too

Its kinda funny trying to imagine any other top rapper trying to make this announcement though

it's also a great money move. Hopefully that's not lost on anyone...

Didn't he do this last year but the difference was he was the "concious" rapper?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Am I?

the question is how many people actually think its "worthy"?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    it's also a great money move.

Fine by me.

I'd much rather tolerance get paid than ignorance.

Kanye child, I give you two big snaps up!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Am I?

I think it's great. it's also a great money move. Hopefully that's not lost on anyone...

the first "out" rapper will cake off, believe it...
    two points:
    first, yes it's admirable... if anyone heard that "sierra leone/diamonds" issue, where he changed his rap after finding out that diamonds are basically wrought from bloodied hands (of slaved africans, no less). i do give him props on both sides.
    second, i thought q-tip was openly gay?

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

the first "out" rapper will cake off,

Quote of the day

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

seriously, WHAT?!?

• Marco, it being a great money move doesn't have to do with it's moral worth; it's independent of that.

I'd like for some of the closeted rappers to come out; that's the thing that's really going to make a difference.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I'm sure rappers will stop using "gay"...

Right after they stop using "bitch" and "nigga".

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

No, you've got him confused with Common.

No, you've got him confused with Common.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Actually, that's a good thing--Kanye is upholding one of the principles of scion hop: tolerance.