yeah, I, of all people have a sneaker question..NIke related

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited July 2011 in Strut Central
how much should I expect to pay for a pair of canvas Nike 3-pointer low tops? I had them when I was a kid and loved them and I want another pair but I know I have to buy a vintage pair since they dont seem to make repros of them, or do they? Size 12. Thanks.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    http://www.pickyourshoes.com/item.asp?itemname=15510

all court i s the closest thing in terms of look that i could see

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    many thanks...those are indeed pretty close...the canvas swish is kinda lame though, why didnt they just make it leather or vinyl? Oh well, thats minor I suppose, will probably cop.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Am I the only one who can't wear Nikes because they are cut too narrow?

I gave up trying years ago, maybe they make them wider now.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Hook, shop around first. These have been popping up for sale ($40-$50) at Champs, Foot Locker and FootAction recently. Also, try Zappos.

• Horseleech said:

most shoes are cut too narrow for me. i usually have to special order any dress shoes or steel toes. i find nike's to be cut wider than most, save for skate shoes which i haven't worn since around 13 years old. Nike highs or mids should usually do the trick for me. I've never been able to get a puma even halfway on.

I have a wide foot, I think it was my wife that said i have fred flintstone feet...anyway, since I am on my feet at work a lot, i went to one of those shoe stores that take film of your gait and all that and fit your feet with a specific shoe...for the last decade or so I have worn nothing but adidas...but the dude at the shop put me in Nike. Now my work shoes are not attractive IMO, they are those super high-tech jernts with the superfulous stripes and stupid colors and a bazillion types of construction materials. So I need new casual sneaks (I dont wanna wear my work shoes anywhere but work since they look silly to me) and it seems that the adidas are too narrow and are messing up my gait, thus exacerbating my knee pain (2 surgeries related) and it may be my wearing of too narrow of a shoe. So I am looking for Nike because they are wider, wider than adidas anyway...or maybe just the ugly hi-tech Nike shoes are, I dunno.

I checked Zappos, but the only ones they have like the ones Batmon posted have contrasting eyelets, which looks like shit to me...white shoes with navy or green eyelets..ugly...wish they had the ones Batmon posted. But Ill check the other ones suggested, thanks.

• a pair of clark's casuals with a top shelf impact insole do the trick for me for intermediate-dress situations over time, and the actual 'clark's' stores usually carry sizes up to EEE.

ive been rocking a pair of nice, black, canvas boat shoes made by vans for most of the summer and they've definitely been up to par. stretchy, breathable and wide enough to get my beavertails in (sockless).

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    So I am looking for Nike because they are wider, wider than adidas anyway

Interesting, because I've been wearing Adidas Sambas for years now and they are one of the few sneakers where I don't have to buy them two sizes larger, clown shoe style. I haven't tried any their other models, though.

Maybe I'll revisit Nikes if I can find any that don't make my eyes hurt.

Horseleech said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    So I am looking for Nike because they are wider, wider than adidas anyway

Interesting, because I've been wearing Adidas Sambas for years now and they are one of the few sneakers where I don't have to buy them two sizes larger, clown shoe style. I haven't tried any their other models, though.

Maybe I'll revisit Nikes if I can find any that don't make my eyes hurt.

Ive been wearing with either Countrys, Samoas or SL 72s for a long time and I didnt think they were too narrow, but when I put my foot in the NIke, it was like "whoa!" perhaps it was the particular Adidas models I was wearing...

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    Horseleech said:

it could just be the shoes you try, I have always found the Stabs, Structures and 89 Flights to be consistantly good with sizing ( I have slightly wide feet). There are some nikes like the air max 90 that can be reasonably wide depending on where they are made.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    i have a pair of those joints batmon posted. they're not very comfortable, but i'm rocking them summer breeze steez with no socks. they're cutting up the tops of my toes.

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    Stabs are wider, yes! I worked for Nike back in the day, and peeps with wide ones usually were happy! They're also pretty dope aesthetically IMO!