East of Underground Documentary

parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
http://www.waxpoetics.com/wax-poetics-tv/east-of-underground

Apologies if this is old news. Pretty cool short doc on this mysterious group.

Kindly,
parallax

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Thx for the heads up.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    how incredible would it be to actually find those dudes & film a doco about getting the band back together.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• what's the

on the og?

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    around $1500.00

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Will the former members make any money / royalties off the reissue of this album? In the interview, the white guitarist
    said no one has came forth since the reissue by waxpoetics. How does this work? Should each member get a percentage?
    Is it left in escrow?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Does anyone think that documentary was a little heavy on the Vietnam footage? I mean East of Underground were a bunch of soldiers stationed in West Germany to deter the Russians. They probably stayed there their whole tour. Obviously Vietnam was an issue, and they as soldiers thought about it, but it wasn't really what they went through.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Burns said:
    Will the former members make any money / royalties off the reissue of this album? In the interview, the white guitarist
    said no one has came forth since the reissue by waxpoetics. How does this work? Should each member get a percentage?
    Is it left in escrow?

Great question, Burns!

I'd like to know this as well if anyone is able to shed some light on it.

Kindly,
    parallax

motown67 said:
    Does anyone think that documentary was a little heavy on the Vietnam footage? I mean East of Underground were a bunch of soldiers stationed in West Germany to deter the Russians. They probably stayed there their whole tour. Obviously Vietnam was an issue, and they as soldiers thought about it, but it wasn't really what they went through.
    yeah, this is what i thought too, the footage of them doing border patrols in Germany probably isn't quite as interesting viewing though..... gotta flesh it out somehow.

parallax said:
    Burns said:
    Is it left in escrow?

Great question, Burns!

I'd like to know this as well if anyone is able to shed some light on it.

Kindly,
    parallax
    I doubt any of the members own any of this, maybe any money goes to Uncle Sam & the songwriters. Just speculation though. Otherwise if they do then anything they're entitled to is probably just left in escrow I guess.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Nice, thanks for the tip.

What always intrigued me about East of Underground - the cover. You'd think an army band wouldn't be allowed to have one of the most righteous-yet-tripped-out covers EVER. Did they even know about the album/cover? I wonder who made it...

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    What about SOAP?!