Autolux

picoandsepulvedapicoandsepulveda 1,026 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
I don't fuck with too much new music but this shit I like. Turns out I was in a band w/ Eugene back in the early 1990s. Total joker that guy. He played Violin and around that same time (1992ish) he got the call to lay down tracks with the Beastie Boys (whose garbage music i couldn't give any less of a fuck about) but I thought it was pretty big deal back then in terms of getting paid as a session musician for him. At any rate, small fucking world. Enjoy........

Comments

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    I'm a big fan of Future Perfect. The album has great flow and a nice sprinkling of surprises.

• Was the Autolux LP ever pressed on vinyl?

Will they ever make another album?

• I saw these kids when they opened up for Shellac in LA. The drummer was dating Giovanni Ribisi at the time (maybe still is?) and he was up front by the stage geeking out, dancing and shit. I remember thinking they were good, but then Shellac played and I forgot who Autolux were completely.

• fauxteurfauxteur 342 Posts
    They finally did make another album GP. It's decent, but I haven't listened to it nearly as much.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I love this band. Spoke with them for a bit. Eugene collects Psych records and Carla loves CAN. Good girl.

- spidey

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Carla con el Flying lotus.

- diego