Artists you're all wrapped up in then saw live and were like, disappointed man...

marwal_bustmarwal_bust 195 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
Has this been done?

Me - Stevie 'A Wonder Autumn Night' Tour in AC and Van Morrison 'Astral Weeks' Live MSG late 2000s.

I think both were high expectations VS. late in career steez for me...I am 30.

BUT...both were tainted by the middle-aged, soon to be middle-aged whites in the audience that just wanted to sit and watch the show. Van was all sitting, Stevie for me was 'I wanted to get up and move at a sit down show' but could feel the married couple eyes behind me piercing my back--"Fuk all'yall!!"

Vous?

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Byrds. The reunion tour that resulted in that live lp.
    Blues Project, same thing
    Seatrain, with out Richard Greene
    Lighting Hopkins, Had a bassist and drummer who were nodding out. He kept giving them solos but they weren't paying attention and had no idea, all night long. I think he died a few months later.
    Bill Monroe, great band, but the main man was too bored to put any heart or soul into his performance.
    Both Bill Monroe and Roger McGuinn of the Byrds checked their watches during the show.
    James White and the Blacks.
    The Grateful Dead, I thought I liked them at the time.
    Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon Tour. I was sitting in the rafters of the Capitol Center. Could only see half the stage. They had speakers all the way around the arena - in the rafters. They would swirl the sound around the speakers like a wave. Great for those sitting in the center. For me it was a distance roar followed by an approaching deafening noise.
    Commander Cody at Cains Ball Room. Got hit with a bottle in the back of the head.

I love live shows and don't regret any of these. Except for some.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I think we did this a short while ago and I told my It's A Beautiful Day story.

• I finally got to see Parliament/Funkadelic in 97. All I can remember were the 10 minute guitar solos and no flying saucers. Hugely dissapointed!