Company Flow...

empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
...is doing a "reunion" show on July 16th in NYC. Is anybody gonna post in this thread and act like they don't care or never likeded them? Debating on whether to cop tix.

http://santospartyhouse.com/event/index/id/2309

Comments

• MR_ZIMMSMR_ZIMMS 210 Posts
    Their Funcrusher lp is on my all-time Hip Hop 25 list. But it looks like the rest of the world doesn't seem to care anymore. In 1997 they made Hip Hop sound the way it's supposed to sound like, ruff, rugged & raw.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    I really didn't like them (except the below song) when they came out ... and I tried.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    MR_ZIMMS said:
    In 1997 they made Hip Hop sound the way it's supposed to sound like, ruff, rugged & raw.

:five_pager:

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    their homie had that one line "on the mic I have more presence ("present"s) than attendance in a class of schizophrenics. Here here"

that was dope.

• Funcrusher made it OK to leave the hats out on your beats

• leonleon 883 Posts
    If i was in NY i would certainly go.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    I never got Co Flow.

The Juggaknots on the undercard, though? I fucking love the Clear Blue Skies LP. I'd go to see them.

• ktcktc 10 Posts
    Co-Flow, is whats up!

• Not listened to Funcrusher Plus in a long time. This I regularly revisit:

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    their homie had that one line "on the mic I have more presence ("present"s) than attendance in a class of schizophrenics. Here here"

that was dope.

Dope line, but people keep getting Schizophrenia confused with Multiple personality disorder!

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    I really didn't like them (except the below song) when they came out ... and I tried.

8 steps.......

I was EXACTLY the same, didn't feel anything else but this track!

• EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
    Murdock said:

I was looked upon as a crazy man because u never got into Co Flow

• EscalanteEscalante 197 Posts
    Murdock said:

I was looked upon as a crazy man because I never got into Co Flow

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Not a Company Flow record, but it definitely an El-P feel. I always dug this joint.

• vinegarvinegar 56 Posts
    When i firts saw that "end to end burners" video, many years ago, i was totaly amazed.
    It seemed so new, these 3D flesh and and animated graffiti.
    I shouldn't have rewatch it in 2011, didn't aged so well.
    I think it is the same for Company Flow (and Cannibal ox), but i can't deny that
    they really brought something new into hip hop and from that point of view
    Funcrusher plus is kinda a classic even if i never feel the need to listen to it.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I remember hearing a lot of Funcrusher Plus round friend's houses when it came out and I did the obligatory tape cover of it but it never really grabbed me despite it seeming like something I could get behind. I think I just used to skip through the tape to play the one using the line from Streets Of New York (Last Good Sleep maybe?). I don't think I'd really want to revisit it anytime soon.

Envious of those getting to see the Juggaknots though.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    for those interested in..

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I pretty much only liked The Fire in Which You Burn by the Indelible MC's...and then a lil later I kinda liked that End to End Burners video. But that was it for me. To me, El-P represented the first incarnation of internet rap, which was typically skill-oriented, conspiracy theory laden, college campus rap, taking cues from prior Organized Konfusion songs to the hilt. Unfortunately for them, none of the artists that came up during that period ever did a single thing as good as had Organized Konfusion.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    I pretty much only liked The Fire in Which You Burn by the Indelible MC's...and then a lil later I kinda liked that End to End Burners video. But that was it for me. To me, El-P represented the first incarnation of internet rap, which was typically skill-oriented, conspiracy theory laden, college campus rap, taking cues from prior Organized Konfusion songs to the hilt. Unfortunately for them, none of the artists that came up during that period ever did a single thing as good as had Organized Konfusion.

This is both on-point and insightful.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

word

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Also, can we turn this into an Organized Konfusion appreciation thread? Because I was listening to Stress: The Extinction Agenda yesterday, and holy fucking shit, that album still amazes.

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    "i love company flow, i don't want to be against you guys"

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    "OK"

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    hogginthefogg said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I see what you are saying but putting OK next to CO. Flow is not fair for either, Organized were actually musically relevant and talented

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    the_dL said:
    hogginthefogg said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I see what you are saying but putting OK next to CO. Flow is not fair for either, Organized were actually musically relevant and talented

Sorry, but you are taking your Co Flow hate too far by saying that.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Sorry, but you are taking your Co Flow hate too far by saying that.

possibly, but with a few exceptions i personally always found company flow just okay, they had some decent production at the time, but I really dont think anything beyond a couple of singles would be regarded as timeless, where as OK had 3 albums that i can still listen to from start to finish. Add to that Pharoahe is still putting out some really good music yet I havent heard anything from those guys in I dont know how long. I will give Co Flow credit for doing a great live show back when they were touring FCP though.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    IMO Funcrusher is a great Album that get lots of spins arround here, its that kind of music that makes you gonna grab some phat marker. Though, i dont want to add anything new from them to the collection. what they did is timeless in its own way and a great addition to real hiphop of that time.

btw

anybody been to the show? how was it?