Drugs and Hip-Hop--Creative Process Related

GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Alright, assuming you weren't producing Holy Hip Hop from Day Uno...who finds that intoxication of various types increases your ability to make beats, emcee, DJ, etc. and give us some internal psychadelic dialogue...Additionally, I realize Cannabis is the favorite for creative process and Crack is stigmatized (as it should be)...but what about mushrooms and LSD...why doesn't 50 put out a track referencing his latest dose experience...why does this shit always gotta be so trendy?

Comments

• Alright, assuming you weren't producing Holy Hip Hop from Day Uno...who finds that intoxication of various types increases your ability to make beats, emcee, DJ, etc. and give us some internal psychadelic dialogue...Additionally, I realize Cannabis is the favorite for creative process and Crack is stigmatized (as it should be)...but what about mushrooms and LSD...why doesn't 50 put out a track referencing his latest dose experience...why does this shit always gotta be so trendy?

is that chick giving head to the needle/cart/tonearm?

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    ODB supposedly recorded some tracks while smoking coke, balls deep in a groupies ass.....I guess it worked for him.

• i love making music sober or high/drunk or whatever but i find i get distracted way more when im high. drugs are good for fucking around and coming up with ideas but as far as composing something huge and technical, i just can't do it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i remember hearing a rumor that raekwon was really sniffing cola on that first wu-tanger. or maybe it was that hell's kitchen track on liquid swords? i have tapes and tapes of raps made while on LSD or robitussin, from when i was 18-21ish. some of that shit is still funny, but most of it comes out

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    if im making beats, and im drinking, i for some reason feel the urge to rap on the beats, and so do my homies, and it usually turns out SHITTY, ive done one good freestyle drunk out of the many that ive done...i rarely make beats not high as fuck though...

• I don't smoke weed or anything. I just drink. And when I'm drinking, no matter what I'm working on I'm like "Yeah! this is dope!", and then the next day when I'm sober it sounds like shit. But I'm thinking, hey, thats cool, why not just make a whole album drunk, and then put a disclaimer on the album saying that you have to be drunk to listen to it, and then everybody would like it!

why not just make a whole album drunk, and then put a disclaimer on the album saying that you have to be drunk to listen to it, and then everybody would like it!
    isn't this the same thing?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    why not just make a whole album drunk, and then put a disclaimer on the album saying that you have to be drunk to listen to it, and then everybody would like it!
    isn't this the same thing?

i NEED that outfit.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    ODB supposedly recorded some tracks while smoking coke, balls deep in a groupies ass

• Marijuana ruined rap production from 1994 to 2000.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Marijuana ruined rap production from 1994 to present[/b]

i can't remember what Marijuana ruined

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    While I never tried to make beats on mushrooms or anything, I once listened to my own stuff on the shrooms and realized that I was faking it.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Marijuana ruined rap production from 1994 to present[/b]

no. Ecstasy & Sizzurp did that.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    At the nexus of marijuana usage, Ni**a Please, and DLasagna lies a question I've been meaning to ask: Can anyone confirm or deny that the inlay pic of ODB looking out from between the stems of some young miss originally had his mouth dripping blood?

Also: As I understand it, there was supposed to be one photoshoot with Rusty dressed up like Donna Summer, and one shoot with him dressed up as Rick James, but that the keeper came when he combined the wig from the former with the vaguely futuristic jumpsuit from the latter. Visionary.

• James, it wasn't dripping blood, but it was stained red in a "fuck it, I'm down here, let's do this" kind of way. I saw it in the CD the week it came out, but upon looking at the CD at the shop a few months ago, the picture was missing.

RARE USED O.B. PIC OF ODB OPEN BREAKZ OOP TYPE-A STAB[/b]