What's popping in Cartagena?

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
going on friday for a week, if you have been recently do share info. thank you kindly.

Comments

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    nice spot, not that big so easy to get to know it well, stay outside the walled old city for the realness.

no records

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    dude that is some sick knowledge right there

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    AKallDay said:
    going on friday for a week, if you have been recently do share info. thank you kindly.

Man, y'all are going to have a great time! Cartagena is a small, but radical city (I can only do 4-5 days there tops, though).

I recommend that you stay at Casa Lucy in the old town (amazing hacienda-style villa for only $40 a night, with an insane breakfast spread and great owners), or you can get a cheap hostel in Getsemani (the southwest waterfront of Getsemani has tons of bars). I'll get you the address and number of Casa Lucy in a bit. It's on Sargento Mayor.

I would resist staying on the beach resort strip. Don't even go swimming there. There are no building codes in Cartagena so the sewage is pumped directly into the ocean. Instead, do the boat tour to the islands, it's totally worth it and amazing!

Watch out for all the drug dealers trying to slang shit to you constantly. Make it clear immediately that you don't want to buy shit! Wherever you go, be extremely careful with your cash and belongings.

I have good record contacts there if you are interested. I found Afro Funk, Caribbean LPs, and plenty of hot salsa in that town. Including this:

mickalphabet said:
    stay outside the walled old city for the realness.

LOL.

Oh, and hit up day trips to the volcano for a nice hike and Barranquilla if you want to dig. Again, I got contacts for you.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    if you got one week, def. go to the islands, like A*** said the beach resort strip is straight up shitty!

also go up to this hill wheres a church a lil outside for a nice few of both, the schiki-miki "Cartagena" and the real Cartagena. Dont worry within the walled town, its maybe the safest place in whole colombia, though the real Cartagena is way different, i once had an pretty critical situation there but went away fine/shocked with this:

That said, its worth to check the local market and main business streets outside for a hunt.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

"records?"

AKallDay said:
    dude that is some sick knowledge right there

no bother!

PM'd ya

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    If you haven't been to Alhambra, I would suggest a day trip to Granada. Total :face_melt:

barjesus said:
    If you haven't been to Alhambra, I would suggest a day trip to Granada. Total :face_melt:

he is in the cartagena in colombia not spain

• bigchalzbigchalz 220 Posts
    Possum Tom said:

"records?"

is this the same dude who played El Guapo in the 3 amigos?

• barjesusbarjesus 872 Posts
    mickalphabet said:
    barjesus said:

he is in the cartagena in colombia not spain
    In that case, I have no suggestions...