I Took The Ferry Today (NYC rel.)

HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
I had an appointment on East 36th St in Manhattan this afternoon. I walked two blocks from the store to the new ferry terminal at the end of North 6th St, hopped on the ferry (FREE for the next ten days) and 15 minutes later was on 36th St. It just started running yesterday.

Awesome.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/14/nyregion/east-river-ferry-service-begins-with-7-stops.html

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    I had an appointment on East 36th St in Manhattan this afternoon. I walked two blocks from the store to the new ferry terminal at the end of North 6th St, hopped on the ferry (FREE for the next ten days) and 15 minutes later was on 36th St. It just started running yesterday.

Awesome.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/14/nyregion/east-river-ferry-service-begins-with-7-stops.html

I'm psyched to take it this Saturday to Governor's Island. It stops at LIC, so I don't even have to mess with Manhattan. :beerbang:

• DB_Cooper said:

I'm psyched to take it this Saturday to Governor's Island. It stops at LIC, so I don't even have to mess with Manhattan. :beerbang:

You're in astoria, right? How is it getting to Hunter's Point?
    I was hoping this would be a nice alternative to the G train but it seems like they're catering to the future residents of the epcot center condo complex being constructed there.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    the manhatt to hunters point ferry has been there a minute.

i have a ferry stop in my hood for the yankee stans.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    residentgiant said:
    DB_Cooper said:

You're in astoria, right? How is it getting to Hunter's Point?
    I was hoping this would be a nice alternative to the G train but it seems like they're catering to the future residents of the epcot center condo complex being constructed there.

I haven't been yet, but it looks like you switch to the 7 at Queensboro Plaza, then it's a 5-6 block walk from Vernon Boulevard. Probably not a huge time saver usually, but on a nice day I'm sure it beats the subway. I heard they're looking at an Astoria stop maybe for next year too.

b/w

My lady is working at Fatty's these days. Next time you're in there, ask for Tess.