Tel Aviv?

HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
Sup teh Strut

Anyone done any digging in Israel?

I am headed there in a couple weeks and was hoping maybe some of you world-travelers may have some leads on record spots..

thanks in advance

J

Comments

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    There are quite a few 2nd hand vinyl shops in Tel Aviv.
    You can find a few on King Shlomo street ????? The notable ones are ?????Hor Bashahor????? (A hole in the black) and ?????Koma Hashlosh-esre????? (The 13th floor).
    Another shop is ?????Ozen Hashlishit????? (Third Ear) which is the local equivalent of Rough Trade or Other Music, although they also have an OK 2nd hand vinyl section (I once went there with a certain Ninja Tune DJ, who found in that shop a very rare Vangelis LP).
    I can also recommend a shop on Dizzengoff Street, just off the square, but I forgot its name. They are also the more expensive shop out of this bunch.

The only record shop for current dance music is called Funky Fish, but you don?????t wanna go there unless you???re into tech-house and trance.

lifted from another forum verbatim, might be of some help to you

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    i've never had much success finding good record stores in Israel (though I've dug some amazing old movie posters).

as for anything else (nightlife, sites, food), feel free to PM as I used to live there and travel there often.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    cool, thanks.

• HOLLAFAME said:
    cool, thanks.

I had no luck on my two trips there...I remember I found some cool reggae 12s but they were way over priced

I think the record shop on Dizzengoff Street is closed.

• israel is such a cool place, the last thing i think you would want to do there is go record digging , but i certainly understand that impulse. what other cities etc will you hit up besides tel aviv?

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    I am only there for a week for a wedding and will likely not get out of Tel Aviv save for maybe a day trip to Jerusalem.

I've been to Israel a number of times before, but was not really able to check for records on those occasions...due mostly to there being many other things/places to see.

And I agree though..very cool place, and I am looking forward to it.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

danny ben israel- bullshit 3 1/4
    awesome psych record outta tel aviv!