Most Profit You've Made (Ebay-R)

2»

Comments

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Wasn't the biggest single-item profit, but made a bunch of money off of what was basically a hustle. When that Drank stuff came out (soda pop with valerian root and a bunch of mellowing ingredients) there was a bunch of press on it nationwide, however you could only buy it in Houston and Memphis. The disributor was in Memphis and they would ship a case anywhere in the US for 51.00 bucks. So I would list the cases as a buy it now for 110.00 with free shipping. People bought them like crazy. All I had to do was call the distributor (after a month or 2 they had a web site which made it even easier) give them the adresses and pay them. Didn't have to ship or anything, just a few minutes of my time. Sold dozens of cases. Then people stopped buying them after a few months. But it was a nice gravy train for awhile.

I love this.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    tuneup said:
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Wasn't the biggest single-item profit, but made a bunch of money off of what was basically a hustle. When that Drank stuff came out (soda pop with valerian root and a bunch of mellowing ingredients) there was a bunch of press on it nationwide, however you could only buy it in Houston and Memphis. The disributor was in Memphis and they would ship a case anywhere in the US for 51.00 bucks. So I would list the cases as a buy it now for 110.00 with free shipping. People bought them like crazy. All I had to do was call the distributor (after a month or 2 they had a web site which made it even easier) give them the adresses and pay them. Didn't have to ship or anything, just a few minutes of my time. Sold dozens of cases. Then people stopped buying them after a few months. But it was a nice gravy train for awhile.

I love this.

as a drink connoisseur myself i find this especially awesome.

edit: wow, i just re-read it and this is even more genius than i thought. so you didnt even BUY the cases beforehand, you just gave their info directly to the distributor and pocketed the cash? insane! this is so good. i thought you were stocking up and re-selling.