chris lilley's ANGRY BOYS

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
anyone watching? i'm feelin' it.

peace, stein. . .:)

Comments

• I watched the first two episodes the other night as it's just started showing in BBC3 over here, thought it was good as well !

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    Nowhere near as good as Summer heights high, I was disappointed.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i have heard a lot of good things, I think the people that say it isn't as good as Summer Heights are directly comparing the two shows, which funnily enough is exactly what many did when that followed We Can Be Hero's. If he didnt change the style he may as well have just made another series of SHH (or we can be heros for that matter)

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    I think Gran and the whole prison thing is good, I wasn't really into S-Mouse, and find it a bit weird that he's stuck a US based character in there.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Dude is fucking hilarious. I gotta say I felt like he really nailed the characters in Summer Heights High though and he's spreading himself a bit thin with them this time around.

• djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
    I couldn't be bothered to finish watching ep 4 last night. It doesn't seem to have any real direction or solid storyline, particularly in comparison to Summer Heights High.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    It shits on Summer Heights High... Danthan, Gran and Smouse are the best!

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    i love s.mouse but it's a bit strange that he say's phrases that i've only heard in oz sometimes. gran is by far my fav on this series but they're all great.

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    Gotta say i'm not really feeling Angry Boys. Gran is my favourite, Dan/Nathan is good but I haven't had many laughs. I find S.mouse and the Japanese Mother really cringey.

We Can Be Heroes is still my favourite work of his, namely because of Phil Olliveti. Such a great character.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    Spacecho said:
    We Can Be Heroes is still my favourite work of his, namely because of Phil Olliveti. Such a great character.

talk about a rough day at work.