Thrift Store Finds

BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
I've been having a lot of luck at thrift stores in the past week, especially one store that looks like a DJ donated their collection. Got these for a buck or two.. Lots of hip hop 12" that I didn't bother with too, if anyone in TO collects send me a PM.

Comments

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    first time i went to the states in 99 i was in florida. i walked into a thrift on my first day there and pulled so many classics for 25 cents each. damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

• soundsrealsoundsreal 128 Posts
    word from a source is that a lot of the stuff turning up in thrift stores across the GTA is overflow from the amalgamation of the 2 Ric's stores (main st and queen E. being combined) and dude just doesn't have the space or inclination to bother grippin anything worth less than at least a tenner. A lot of stuff worth even more is getting dropped off there too just due to his having built up so many multiples over the decades. SWIM has been finding 50+ records a week and trading them to out of town shops and ultimately been doin well off it. heard yesterday he picked up Franco Falsini's Cold Nose LP + Perth County Conspiracy (does not exist) LP + another one I forget for the combined equivalent of $20 or something ridiculous like that.

• soundsrealsoundsreal 128 Posts
    Wouldn't mind checkin out that Anime one why don't u swing by with that and anything else you wanna rep on Monday and maybe we can work out a trade for that Blackbyrds if haven't dug up a copy already.
    peace
    -B

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    soundsreal said:
    Wouldn't mind checkin out that Anime one why don't u swing by with that and anything else you wanna rep on Monday and maybe we can work out a trade for that Blackbyrds if haven't dug up a copy already.
    peace
    -B

Nice will do, I'll bring a few. The Anime is cool, it has story sfx and music all in Japanese. I assume it's from a show or movie.

Beatsoup said:
    soundsreal said:
    peace
    -B

Nice will do, I'll bring a few. The Anime is cool, it has story sfx and music all in Japanese. I assume it's from a show or movie.

yes, it is a show, "the double super luck time" show. no it isn't. sorry.
    please to trade 'disorderlies' ost?

3.99 for all you can eat, i'm gonna stuff my face to a funky beat

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    jammy said:

yes, it is a show, "the double super luck time" show. no it isn't. sorry.
    please to trade 'disorderlies' ost?

I've yet to give the Disorderlies a listen, I will soon tho and I'll let ya know.