BLACK SABBATH

2»

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    My nerdiest sab moment (besides having geezer and Tony autograph my fuzz pedal when I was 19) was listening to the 1st lp on my Walkman while I toured a dungeon by myself in Warwick castle.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Frank said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Checking out the Sabbath clips above makes this type of stuff even more apparently stand out like the silly faux rock that it's always been. Thank god people like this nowadays have to work at Starbucks to pay their rent.

If only all of us could be marauding Cecil Rhodes prodigies.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Ive watched this doco a couple of times and this youtube clip a million times and I get chills every time Geezer goes from the Mars baseline to the Black Sabbath baseline. So good:

Favourite at the moment though, is Sabra Cadabra:

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Frank said:

Which all should not take the focus away from the original purpose of this thread, the worshiping of Black Sabbath.
    One of the most incredible bands ever and I can't help but admire by Ozzy's keen sense of fashion.

Kind of takes away from the mystique a bit, but my girlfriend's dad used to clean windows with Ozzie. He says Ozze was also house burglar. If that Osbournes show is anything to go by, it's probably just as well that his musical career took off.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Hard as fuck. Lost my mind listening to this as a likkle yout in the 80s.

Kindly,
    parallax

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I started the ol radio show off today with "Symptom of the Universe".....yeeeeauh.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Just so the acoustic part of the song gets love:

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    This album is often overlooked:
    (and this song has a classic git solo)

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    mattB said:
    Ive watched this doco a couple of times and this youtube clip a million times and I get chills every time Geezer goes from the Mars baseline to the Black Sabbath baseline. So good:

Notice at the very end you can see Tony Iommi playing with the artificial finger tips (he lost them on his last day at work in a sheet metal factory). This led to him tuning down, which later became a staple in heavy metal.

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Just heard the original line up is recording another album.

• I had heard rumors of Ian Gillan getting back with them and them doing a "Born Again" reunion...I honestly would have been more excited about that. Ozzy is half retarded by this point and can't really sing anymore. I saw the 1st time they reunited ten/eleven years ago, it was great but I don't think Ozzy is up to spec...I will say though, Tony's riffs on the the last Heaven and Hell album were pretty great, so maybe it won't be as meh as I think it will be.