Hey 80s Silk Shirt RnB Dudes

PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
Can you ID this??? It's a test press with no info. Sort of Alexander O'Neal or Vandross vibes.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    nuthin shows up

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Did you google the matrix #s?

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    It was pressed at Electro Sound Group Midwest and the matrix nos are meaningless as far as I can google. The best thing about it is it's from Shelbyville, Indiana.

Batmon, get a real computer.

Sounds late 80s early 90s. Anita Baker-ish.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    sounds awesome but i cant help you identify it. the backing vocals are hot tho.

remember when like geneva or one of them euro sounding clothing brands came out with that heat activated fabric and dudes were walking around with salmon shirts with deep red armpits and boob sweat. that shit was awesome. one of my progressive hommies from fresno rocked that shit on the bball court and we called him maguro.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    grandpa_shig said:
    remember when like geneva or one of them euro sounding clothing brands came out with that heat activated fabric.

Generra Hypercolor.

I was the first kid, and probably only one, to rock that in jr. high. BOO-YA!

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    grandpa_shig said:
    dudes were walking around with salmon shirts with deep red armpits and boob sweat. that shit was awesome. one of my progressive hommies from fresno rocked that shit on the bball court and we called him maguro.

ha many thanks for that

I want to put this record on ebay but it's probably some Baby Face side project that would only sell if it was on CD or something.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    is there a market for this kind of stuff now? alex vanderpool era? dammit i feel old.

speaking of babyface side boobs, i always liked the extended fun remix of after 7's "cant stop" with the clap a pella intro. i coulda swore there was a completely beatless version of the song as well.

if u ever find a vinyl version of the s/t riff album or 12s i might be interested. im almost positive it only appears on cassette and cd. :(

i need Lo-Key? Back 2 Da House on Vinyl or uk double vinyl

• Options
    What about a jonny osbourne acetate?

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    empanadamn said:
    grandpa_shig said:
    remember when like geneva or one of them euro sounding clothing brands came out with that heat activated fabric.

Generra Hypercolor.

I was the first kid, and probably only one, to rock that in jr. high. BOO-YA!

That was the stuff man. I really liked when I rocked mine out, and it only changed colors around my sweaty pits. :oof:

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    batmon said:
    i need Lo-Key? Back 2 Da House on Vinyl or uk double vinyl

just picked up the cassette last week at the thrift, perfect for the backyard cassette boombox