• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    sad news, RIP.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    edith head said:
    RIP

TheeeCasualMale said:
    December 24, 1931 - June 3, 2011

^^still so good^^

Yep, definite favorite of mine. Here's to you sir, for putting some great tunes out for people to enjoy.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I wish his version of Natural Woman was on YouTube.

I'm a fan.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    Ray played Toronto a few years ago. Super cool guy. During set break when I asked him if he could play "Up Above The Rock" he gave me a puzzled look. "How do you even know that song?" I explained that folks had rediscovered it blah blah blah, that it sold for some money now and so on.... and he was totally happy to hear all that. He said "Ok I'll play it, but you have to yell out the HEY in all the right places". I was of course more than happy to do so. He played a nice version and made my night, much to to annoyance to all the over 70 crowd who had no idea why I was yelling out every once in a while. RIP to a great guy and a wonderful player. Cheers......

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    It's Madison Time in heaven. HIT IT! And thanks for the music, Ray.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    Sad news - RIP.

Side A (I think) of Con Alma is my shit.

• tuneup said:
    Ray played Toronto a few years ago. Super cool guy. During set break when I asked him if he could play "Up Above The Rock" he gave me a puzzled look. "How do you even know that song?" I explained that folks had rediscovered it blah blah blah, that it sold for some money now and so on.... and he was totally happy to hear all that. He said "Ok I'll play it, but you have to yell out the HEY in all the right places". I was of course more than happy to do so. He played a nice version and made my night, much to to annoyance to all the over 70 crowd who had no idea why I was yelling out every once in a while. RIP to a great guy and a wonderful player. Cheers......

Such a great story. So awesome that you had the chance to meet him!