massachusetts tornadoes (strut r)

spivyspivy 866 Posts
edited June 2011 in Strut Central
heard one ripped thru springfield and another ripped thru sturbridge. pretty sure the homie haze (xa...r) lives there. be safe man and all my other mass people.

Comments

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    I used to live in Southbridge, my mom still does though. We're all good and safe, nothing happened in the town i live in. Everyone be safe.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I was listening to WGBH about 5:30 and those electronic test tones came on, except it wasn't a test - they were telling people in the Springfield area to get in their basements.

I was on the beach with my dog until a few minutes ago. When the sky started to get dark and a few rain drops fell I called it a day. We we weren't mentioned in the warnings, but it looks ugly right now.

EDIT: I just checked the weather site and they just put Cape Cod on the warning list.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Damn this is nuts.

I was just up there. Hope everyone's safe.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i was driving from NH to NY today and i passed on 91 South through Springfield 25 mins before it hit. seriously. and it was sunny and hot~

crazy shit

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    haze25 said:
    I used to live in Southbridge, my mom still does though. We're all good and safe, nothing happened in the town i live in. Everyone be safe.
    you in conn. now x? coming to nyc anytime soon man?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Holy shit - it wasn't a tornado, but the most violent lightning storm I've seen in many years just blew through here. The sky was grumbling for about an hour and then constant lightning flashes started. At first it was just heat lightning, but then it started striking nearby and my yard was lighting up like daytime. Soon after the rain came and the lightning went crazy - almost non-stop nearby strikes that were incredibly loud. I was torn between watching it and comforting my dog who was trembling in the bathroom.

At it's peak, hail the size of marbles was pelting down so hard I thought my skylights would break. The hair on my arms was standing up. Then the air changed and I realized that it was crazy levels of ozone. I don't ever remember breathing air like that.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    spivy said:
    haze25 said:
    you in conn. now x? coming to nyc anytime soon man?

I'm on the border of CT and MA, Dudley ,MA which was on the warning list, all we got was heavy rain for an hour or so though. I'll be in N.Y the 11th and 12 th of this month, you gonna be around?

peace,xavier