THINGS TO MAKE OUT OF RECORDS!

redgregredgreg 96 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Apart from musicA handy wrist or ankle bracelet Some tasty coasters Fruity fruit bowl Keep perfect timin

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Fresh, I need to do that. I'm going to rock Mr Acker Bilk on my wrist.

• Yeah, I've seen the fruit bowls. Another one (and I'll have to get back to you with more info on it) was a line of sunglasses this guy made using old records. So when you hold it at the right angle in the light you see the vinyl grooves in the frame - pretty cool. The guy who started the line used to be a DJ...

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

Fruity fruit bowl

No way dude, you mean like this!

some overachiever must have made yours!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Fresh, I need to do that. I'm going to rock Mr Acker Bilk on my wrist.

• sunglasses this guy made using old records.

Wouldn't those warp in the sun?

A friend of mine has started a phenomenon in the stencil art world known as Vinyl Killers

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts
    That vinyl killers site is nice. A guy from Belgium made some stencils on records:

check http://www.laid-back.be/gallery/paris_fevrier_2004/galleryparis.htm

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    the stencil art world

Hang a right at the private mind garden, gather the four elements of hiphop, turn left at the internet going nuts, and boom, you're there.

• the stencil art world

Hang a right at the private mind garden, gather the four elements of hiphop, turn left at the internet going nuts, and boom, you're there.

that had me laughing..

then again, I think this is dope too:

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    These are from buyolympia.com

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

[dope beyond words] [/dope beyond words]

• the stencil art world

that had me laughing..

then again, I think this is dope too:

Isn't that a Diane Arbus photo (with the hand grenade taken out and the spray can put in)?

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Apart from music

A handy wrist or ankle bracelet

Stupid question. How would one go about making the bracelet?

-e

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Apart from music

-e

My guess...... use a heat gun, get the vinyl nice and floppy, then cut it and bend it. You need something to hold the shape while it hardens back up. I bet when hot the vinyl could be cut with siscors.

Couldn't find a pick, but a couple years ago I saw small CD rack made from cut/glued records. That was just a little too ironic and sad.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Apart from music

-e

My guess...... use a heat gun, get the vinyl nice and floppy, then cut it and bend it. You need something to hold the shape while it hardens back up. I bet when hot the vinyl could be cut with siscors.

Couldn't find a pick, but a couple years ago I saw small CD rack made from cut/glued records. That was just a little too ironic and sad.

Word, but um...

"use a heat gun."

Am I the only lay person who doesn't own a heat gun?

Maybe I should just slice a slab with an exacto knife, throw it in the toaster, bend that bitch, and let it dry.

That CD rack sounds sad.

-e

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Isn't that a Diane Arbus photo (with the hand grenade taken out and the spray can put in)?

yes it is. I went to the Arbus exhibit when it came to the Getty Center last year...amazing photo's.

• Me and a friend once made this out of records:

I like it.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    The bracelet looked like it was a label attached to one of those snap bracelets you slap against your wrist and it tightens up around it (your wrist) from BITD.
    T.N.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Word, but um...

"use a heat gun."

Am I the only lay person who doesn't own a heat gun?

Maybe I should just slice a slab with an exacto knife, throw it in the toaster, bend that bitch, and let it dry.

That CD rack sounds sad.

-e
    I don't own one either, but they aren't very expensive. I supose if you just want to make 1 or 2 for yourself you could put the record in the oven for a few min. Don't know why I didn't think of that before the heat gun.

• Me and a friend once made this out of records:

Nice use of the heat gun!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    cut a record in half and now you have 2 pizza slicers.

this is my contribution to the world.

carry on.

-rich

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I have already done it for my own gift-giving, and have been planning for years to try to make for sale, wrapping paper out of this:

• redgregredgreg 96 Posts

That CD rack sounds sad.

It looks sad, seems big & bulky to hold about 10 CD's, would probably look better holding some 45's

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I have already done it for my own gift-giving, and have been planning for years to try to make for sale, wrapping paper out of this:

I'll buy it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I'll buy it.

You wouldn't be alone, either...I just don't know how to do it legally, it could be a licensing mess of amazing proportions...I wanted to do a whole series with different label's inner sleeves, although the Atlantics are best suited, and there are variations...stay tuned...

• That CD rack sounds sad.

It looks sad, seems big & bulky to hold about 10 CD's, would probably look better holding some 45's

The kind of person that'd buy that will probably never own more than 10 cds...

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    Zombie killing death discs

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

would probably look better holding some 45's

That's like incest.

Or maybe cannabilism.

-e

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

"use a heat gun."

= Hairdrier? Think I could use that?

Got a fucked-up copy of "It??s hell that I??d love to make into one of those bracelets.

- J

With all the fuckin' Boz Scaggs records & shit why did this person cut up a Pilz record? WHYYYY!!!!?????

Zombie killing death discs

Don't be silly. Everybody know that the only way to kill a zombie is the pierce their brain. duh!