Current rock - what's doing it for you?

2»

Comments

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I suspect black-metal purists see these bands as perversions of the real deal, but I like both Liturgy and Krallice.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Ha...butthurt.
    Don't like the oh sees but wouldn't deny they are rock music.

Thanks for begrudging me that... ;-)

• johnblackjohnblack 147 Posts
    residentgiant said:
    Wolf People is awesome though, thanks for hipping me to them

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    SPlDEY said:

El Grupo Nuevo de ORL - They're Coming To Get You Barbara!

See this is kind of the opposite of what I was looking for but there you go.

Heard the tUnE yArDs before and sort of bounce between hating them with a passion and thinking bits of it are ok when they come far enough out of their own arse for you to hear the music. Not rock though.

I like some floaty stuff as much as the next strutter and even started a thread about it for recommendations a while ago which I got loads of great responses to, I also enjoyed the recent Warpaint albums. However I'd be really grateful if anyone's got some more recommendations of, for want of a better word, manly rock with lead vocalists that don't sound like they're going through puberty. I'm not talking about death metal screechers, just, you know, vocals suited to saluting the crowd.

No diss intended if a guy from the band lurks on here but that Wolf People track sounds like Jethro Tull to me.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Great video. So weird, watching it and then I realize it's in my neighborhood. Never even knew they were a Portland band. Thanks for sharing.

hungovermulatto said:

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Junior said:
    SPlDEY said:

You clearly stated: "isn't folk" or "on some throwback type sound", "modern sounding rock that actually, you know, rocks."

This music is all of that... your ears are the problem. Were you expecting AC/DC?

- spidey

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    SPlDEY said:
    Junior said:
    SPlDEY said:

You clearly stated: "isn't folk" or "on some throwback type sound", "modern sounding rock that actually, you know, rocks."

This music is all of that... your ears are the problem. Were you expecting AC/DC?

- spidey

Well, no. AC/DC are not really modern are they. Plus Angus Young creeps the fuck out of me.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me what I stated again. If this music rocks for you then all power to you and don't let my dislike of it as masturbatory dirge put you off. Just not what I'm looking for.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    DrWu said:
    Great video. So weird, watching it and then I realize it's in my neighborhood. Never even knew they were a Portland band. Thanks for sharing.

hungovermulatto said:

Yeah, good video, good song. Also weird because while watching it I realized I knew the drummer John Sherman from back when he was playing in bands in Raleigh (Resol, Dart 360, Mercury Birds,...). Good to see he's doing his thing.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I can understand disputing whether or not El Grupo Nuevo "rocks" - it is sloppy and meandering as fuck, even if parts of it have a loud volume and loosely coalesce.

I think its important to keep in mind that stoned ears are going to hear this stuff differently, and maybe aren't the best to judge such things.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    hahahaa

• sakedelicsakedelic 247 Posts