Question for soul/funk DJs that have done weddings

2»

Comments

• Options
    A contraer mom frere.

Use the analog records and when playing leave a bit of headroom on the tape for when you get a little clipping.

Maybe you and your partner can work on it together. You could have announcements on there, like, "this one is dedicated to so and so" or "and this is the first song we heard together at this place..."

This way and you still have hi-fi and something cool playing music at the celebration.

If you still want to save time, then I suggest just setting up one turntable and putting a box of motion picture scores and LP's out there next to it. Save the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack for late night. I can hear it now, "hey, mom will you flip the record for us."

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    NorthernDealer10 said:
    A contraer mom frere.

Use the analog records and when playing leave a bit of headroom on the tape for when you get a little clipping.

Maybe you and your partner can work on it together. You could have announcements on there, like, "this one is dedicated to so and so" or "and this is the first song we heard together at this place..."

This way and you still have hi-fi and something cool playing music at the celebration.

If you still want to save time, then I suggest just setting up one turntable and putting a box of motion picture scores and LP's out there next to it. Save the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack for late night. I can hear it now, "hey, mom will you flip the record for us."

This is quite possibly the most logical thing I've heard in a loooooooong time.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    just got back from setting up for a wedding and encountered a problem I have never encountered before...mean gay dude wedding planners. Dude hated the way the PA speakers looked, it was fucking with his decor...He tried putting table skirts around the speakers. He wasnt having anything I was saying... luckily the brides mom was there (who he listens to) and she said, "that will muffle the sound". So I got the privilege of having speakers without a thick polyester skirt over them.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    just got back from setting up for a wedding and encountered a problem I have never encountered before...mean gay dude wedding planners. Dude hated the way the PA speakers looked, it was fucking with his decor...He tried putting table skirts around the speakers. He wasnt having anything I was saying... luckily the brides mom was there (who he listens to) and she said, "that will muffle the sound". So I got the privilege of having speakers without a thick polyester skirt over them.

You need to step up your speaker game: