Dear Strutters, could you please keep an eye out for this record?

124»

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    p_gunn said:
    because of this thread, i started e-digging thru pre-75 vietnamese music... i gotta say, Truc Mai is def one of the bigger names out there for mid 60's female singers... most of the stuff was collected in the 70's as reel to reels, in the 80's as cassettes, and in the 90's as CD's... if you pick up any random 60's vietnamese pop collection, chances are at least one Truc Mai song is on there...

anyways, the music is really interesting... the early 60's stuff is very French influenced, both in terms of cover songs and musical style... by the late 60's, the American influence has taken over and there is a lot of funky and soulful stuff (ie. covers of "want ads" and "lalala means i love you")... there are also bands totally dedicated to specific sounds, like The Peanut Family sounds like Santana...

anways, i put together a one hour mix of this stuff (used a Truc Mai song for my 2nd tune) and you can hear it here, under: VIETNAM

www.viva-radio.com/cleanandhumble

make download now!

• Horseleech said:
    Would your mom like to see her music reissued?

what kind of question is that?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    kala said:
    p_gunn said:
    because of this thread, i started e-digging thru pre-75 vietnamese music... i gotta say, Truc Mai is def one of the bigger names out there for mid 60's female singers... most of the stuff was collected in the 70's as reel to reels, in the 80's as cassettes, and in the 90's as CD's... if you pick up any random 60's vietnamese pop collection, chances are at least one Truc Mai song is on there...

anyways, the music is really interesting... the early 60's stuff is very French influenced, both in terms of cover songs and musical style... by the late 60's, the American influence has taken over and there is a lot of funky and soulful stuff (ie. covers of "want ads" and "lalala means i love you")... there are also bands totally dedicated to specific sounds, like The Peanut Family sounds like Santana...

anways, i put together a one hour mix of this stuff (used a Truc Mai song for my 2nd tune) and you can hear it here, under: VIETNAM

make download now!

i can't find a freeware sound recorder that works w/ the viva-radio player... i'd like to rip all my shows, just to have 'em, and i have no idea how to do so...

• username said:
    Horseleech said:
    Would your mom like to see her music reissued?

what kind of question is that?

What kind of question is that?

• p_gunn said:

Listening now and it sounds really nice so far. I've don't think I've heard that 2nd track from my mom before, but i love it! Thanks for making and posting this. Got a few more 45s from my mom from a recent visit but havent had a chance to listen yet, but if they're cool maybe I can post some audio later.