Moscow Strut?

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
I'll be there in a week or 2. Anything I should/should NOT do (besides drink the tap water and leave my empty bottle on the table)? Should I be cramming Cyrillic? Get a stash of bribe money ready? Soulstrut please advise.

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Don't give your passport to the police. If you get in a situation, just walk it off, accept that people are fairly abrupt in Russia.

+ Make sure you register as soon as you land, and register to leave (the hotel can help you with this).

+ Hit me up on the PM for record store info.

peace.

• StoneHandsStoneHands 341 Posts
    Having grown up there... I'd say the only real worry is the neo-nazi types, so if you see a gang of pasty sick looking dudes with their heads shaved, probably best to avoid them. The people generally and the police especially aren't very nice or polite. If you keep that in mind, it is a fascinating, if not 'welcoming' place.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    thank your lucky stars there's police on every corner, it'd be anarchy in the ussr without 'em

Lamont said:
    thank your lucky stars there's police on every corner, it'd be anarchy in the ussr without 'em

depending on the cop... some of those mutherfuckers will take your passport and ask you for $ to get it back...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    as a black dude this is a country that fascinates me but i can never dare to set foot in

pcmr said:
    as a black dude this is a country that fascinates me but i can never dare to set foot in

I'm mixed race, and was working for the Australian Trade Commission out there, they told me "just be careful, you look a little bit like a Chechen rebel". That really freaked me out, especially the neo-nazi types who would ice grill me like a mutherfucker on the train.... SHOOK.

In saying all this, Russia is definitely one of the greatest countries I've visted, straight up off the wall on every level, the clubs are crazy, so is the music... enjoy it Day!

peace.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    dont be caught on the streets without some flares!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah Day I think I told you everything that I thought you needed to know about my trip there, but straight up as a dude that looks the way I do I definitely caught some stares.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    dude, you look lie a kosack

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Don't try to make phone calls with your hands or your ciggs

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Yeah Cosmo, you def. told me a lot of this. Thanks for the info everybody.