more weird paypalness

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
OK, so now what?

I received a $40 paypal for a discogs order the other day. Almost immediately after it comes through, I get a weird email from paypal saying they're "reviewing the transaction" and to hold off on shipping the order. OK, so I wait a day.. paypal sends me the all-clear. I ship record, seems like a done deal ... now flash forward a few days and I get another email about the same order...

Apparently dude's bank has "reversed the funds" (WTF?) and paypal has taken the money out of my account until the matter is resolved. Has this happened to anyone else? I've never heard of it. What would cause that to happen? It doesn't seem chargeback-R at all.

Now in the meantime the merchandise has been sent, and now I'm possibly going to be out the money too?!? Can they just literally do anything they want with other people's property?

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    when banks get involved the screwjob turns into a shitstorm
    this shit reminds me of a time where a direct deposit pay was a week late because of some holiday
    so i thought i had $$$in my account that i did not
    i buy like 13 common records on ebay for between 5.99 and 10$ each
    paypal goes to my bank account but can't find it so it gets charged to my secondary (credit card..okay)
    then the later in the month i find out my bank charged every missed transaction like a bounced check
    i get charged 40$ on every occurance...so i go see the manager
    ''do you really think i made 13 bad checks for under 10$ and chraged them 1 minute from each other''
    better yet when you see 13 bad checks in less than a half hour could you contact me perhaps
    they refused to budge..i closed my account on the spot
    good luck

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    pcmr said:

i buy like 13 common records on ebay

huh - so i guess if you were in pres obama's shoes, you would've just gone ahead and invited the man to the white house poetry slam...?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    When you signed up for paypal you agreed that they could do what ever they wanted whenever they wanted with your account (including all accounts linked to your paypal account).
    Your only recourse is to ask paypal and the customer to help straighten this out.
    You also agreed that if you took legal action against paypal you would pay for all of paypal's legal fees and court fees.
    So be real nice to them.

• JamalJamal 410 Posts
    ketan said:
    pcmr said:

i buy like 13 common records on ebay

huh - so i guess if you were in pres obama's shoes, you would've just gone ahead and invited the man to the white house poetry slam...?

hahha i think he meant common as in ordinary.. if its a joke..the prior "hahha" remains..