Rookie mistakes

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited May 2011 in Strut Central
What are your record collecting growing pains...
Mistakes you made, things you left behind or any record regrets you can chalk up to inexperience

1- Not buying a full Ahmed Abdul Malik discography because the records were 20$ each
2- Not looking for records in Senegal circa 1998
3- Not knowing (until a week ago) that my sister's godparents were one of the biggest record producer in quebec & a LP cover designer

but the worst
Putting 150$ of jazz records (including some cti turds) on hold and then trading in some mint african records (before the craze) for like 8$ a piece (after haggling hard to get ''more'' $$) some boogie i would still not feel today (but could get $$) but also some syliphone titles i really regret.

Comments

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    We live and we learn. I still experience why did I not pick this up moments. Most recently, not stacking up on records one of my spots bought from a regional distributor for Stax records. I did pull a 24 Carat Black and A Ernie Hines in shrink though.

• Otis_FunkmeyerOtis_Funkmeyer 1,321 Posts
    Leaving a copy of Richard Groove Holmes - Onsaya Joy in the backseat of my car on a sunny day.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I forgot...not digging for 45s when pulling great fania titles in Peru
    Not picking up mono psychedelic sounds of 13th floor elevators for 15$

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Too many to remember......one that stands out is leaving about 50 copies of this at the local Salvation Army

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I cannot tell you how many times I've lost promising collections by telling the seller I'd meet them first thing in the morning.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    not registering on SS sooner