Reissue of ROB

Comments

• leonleon 883 Posts
    This thread is turning into a trainwreck...

Anyway i'm looking forward to the rerelease of the introducing (..) LP,, hopefully again with silk screened artwork!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Analog Africa facebook deleted my last comment with me telling him he disgraced the records he sells with his stamps.

I posted just minutes ago if anyone cares for minute drama : "Dude you didn't have to delete my comment. Its the truth you stamp records without ownership to those pieces of art. You also disgraced the ROB release without using the original cover. Do you own that music to?"

• SpacechoSpacecho 176 Posts
    Burns said:
    Analog Africa facebook deleted my last comment with me telling him he disgraced the records he sells with his stamps.

I posted just minutes ago if anyone cares for minute drama : "Dude you didn't have to delete my comment. Its the truth you stamp records without ownership to those pieces of art. You also disgraced the ROB release without using the original cover. Do you own that music to?"

he's replied to you now.. the saga continues

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    I first heard songs of this record through Egon's mix at the Do Over. I read this thread and was curious as to what is the story behind the reissue and just checked out the facebook site in question and found this:

I am tired of vinyl junkies who complain about a stamp on records that comes from countries where some parents find it difficult to feed they children.

Can someone explain that to me?

plus this:

The reason why I could not use the front cover of Rob??s first record is known by the people who love my label and who have been following the progress while working on this record - there is a reason to everything I do

No hard feelings here, I would've preferred the original artwork too, maybe someone who has been "following the progress" can shed some light on why the artwork was changed. Just askin'....

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    sticky_dojah said:
    I am tired of vinyl junkies who complain about a stamp on records that comes from countries where some parents find it difficult to feed they children.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    there is a reason why he must stamp every record he sells on ebay? get the fuck outta here.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    dude keeps on sinking
    if you don't know why people would complain you don't know records

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    This dude is hilarious...you couldn't use the OG artwork? Ok, whatever, fine...you are or have a shitty graphic designer, OK...well what is the reason your silly label name is huge and at the top of the jacket while the artist name is small and at the bottom? Pure ego moves.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts

:comedy_gold:

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    This dude is hilarious...you couldn't use the OG artwork? Ok, whatever, fine...you are or have a shitty graphic designer, OK...well what is the reason your silly label name is huge and at the top of the jacket while the artist name is small and at the bottom? Pure ego moves.

from the man himself, in the comments here: http://www.parisdjs.com/index.php/post/Rob-Funky-Rob-Way

I prefere [sic] the picture I??ve used to the original one, as simple as that. It is simply fantastic.
    Bless

samy ben redjeb

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Limited Edition coming soon:

(Thanks to Horrific Child @ Waxidermy)

The_Hook_Up said:

from the man himself, in the comments here: http://www.parisdjs.com/index.php/post/Rob-Funky-Rob-Way

I prefere [sic] the picture I??ve used to the original one, as simple as that. It is simply fantastic.
    Bless

samy ben redjeb

holy shit! Dude thinks his vision is better than the original....what the fuck, is he gonna start doing overdubs? Doesnt the ROB reish have a track omitted, hence his "compiled by" credit? He thought a track was superfluous to his "vision" of what "ROBs Funky Way" should be? Its official, dude is 5'4" and has a 2 inch dick.

• essential reissue. but how come in the quieter passages Rob keeps shouting out "THIS.. is an Analog Africa.... nnnneeeEEXCLUSIVE!!!".

• cookbookcookbook 783 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Limited Edition coming soon:

(Thanks to Horrific Child @ Waxidermy)

further :comedy_gold:

for those who dont want to have the monstrosity in their bins:

http://www.divshare.com/download/15161247-3e1

OG with the track that was omitted. I got it from someone on here, but can't remember from whom, mea culpa.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I think maru posted it for record day?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Yeah it's on my blog too. Sorry I should have thought to post up the link. thanks hook up.

This reissue is a travesty.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    maru said:
    thanks hook up.

This reissue is a travesty.

i will be boycotting analog africa from here on out

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    I haven't checked the Strut in a while, but this thread made my return worth it. Incidentally AA will be DJ'ing in Finland this summer, and I need to go check out his douchness live.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Jazzsucka said:
    I haven't checked the Strut in a while, but this thread made my return worth it. Incidentally AA will be DJ'ing in Finland this summer, and I need to go check out his douchness live.

Don't forget to bring a tape measure to verify the Hook Up's size estimates!

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Jazzsucka said:

Plaese to hand deliver a sealed letter with me telling him to fuk off.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I don't understand this re-ish. The comp he did of the Poly Rythmo stuff was gold for me... and he really poured his heart into the project.. This latest "effort" on his part sells everyone short, both the artist and the fan. You'd think as a head he'd know that us record hoarders are some of the most fucked up fetishists around: don't sell us some skanky, wet, low grade weed, especially when ya got the cronick!

And Sammy got the cronick

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I think he's talking about this:

I'd have to agree. I've loved all the compilations he's put out, but this ROB reissue is a serious turn-off.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Yeah that's the one, Maru. The liner notes are formidable.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    i really dont get all this hate, well obviously guy is a stampin jerk and shit, but honestly, im still glad i get a official Re of the Funky ROB and as mentioned above the Comps he did also has been nice. In the end its all about the music for me and therefore i have been pleased so far.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    doisn said:

i really dont get all this hate, well obviously guy is a stampin jerk and shit, but honestly, im still glad i get a official Re of the Funky ROB and as mentioned above the Comps he did also has been nice. In the end its all about the music for me and therefore i have been pleased so far.

Sorry, I disagree completely. While it is indeed a pleasure to even hear this music at all - in any format - I think we as customers and producers of these reissues (I'm referring to Frank and Mike, here. I don't reissue Afro records) need to strive to create and support the very best possible, legitimate products. And let's be honest, it's not rocket science. Academy's releases are great examples of a simple but powerful format.

b/w

But yeah, boycott maybe a bit strong. We need to light a fire under this little dude's ass so he understands it's not cool to put shit out like this.

musica said:
    doisn said:

Sorry, I disagree completely. While it is indeed a pleasure to even hear this music at all - in any format - I think we as customers and producers of these reissues (I'm referring to Frank and Mike, here. I don't reissue Afro records) need to strive to create and support the very best possible, legitimate products. And let's be honest, it's not rocket science. Academy's releases are great examples of a simple but powerful format.

b/w

But yeah, boycott maybe a bit strong. We need to light a fire under this little dude's ass so he understands it's not cool to put shit out like this.

well, may now this is the very best possible by this guy after his ego blowed up big time. but still its legit and the plates sound great, just sayin.

On the other hand, why is it that this 4track LP??s is the mostly the same price as 2LP Comps with almost 20 Tracks?

]We need to light a fire under this little dude's ass so he understands it's not cool to put shit out like this.

EXACTLY!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    musica said:
    doisn said:

b/w

Thanks for the kind words. And though I too am perplexed and disappointed by the poor judgment shown with the Rob release (and his cavalier responses to criticism), I have begrudgingly filed it as I am not in the mood to shell out for a clean OG.

At least it didn't get the shitty boot treatment that has befallen some other African titles.